JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I’m on the S. Oregon coast, and rarely get anywhere I can look at things like scopes. I’m thinking of a trip to Eugene just to look at scopes. Probably been over a year since I’ve been there. I know of Cabelas and The Barons Den, but are there any other stores I could look at scopes in Eugene. I might consider driving as far north as Albany. Do stores even have scopes in stock? Have scopes been affected by the panic buying?

I’m looking for a 1-4 scope that will be mounted on a Colt 6920. I’ve got it narrowed down to two scopes, and a lot of the decision is based on the reticles of these scopes.

Leupold VX-R Patrol 1.25-4x20mm

<broken link removed>

Do any stores in Eugene carry these scopes?

There's mazamas but I'll warn you. One of the counter guys is nice the other is...we'll just say he's not
SM gun shop
There's the philomath gun shop which is just a bit west of corvallis. (I've never been there so I have no idea what they have)
Gun pro in springfield but I don't know if he has any scopes.
I've only been in any of them a couple times and never to look at scopes so I have no idea what they have.
I did just buy a gun from the barons den and they where a pleasure to do business with. I'll be going back there the next time I'm feeling the urge to buy myself a new gun

Thanks. I’ve been in Mazama’s once a year or so ago. All I remember is the handguns. That’s all I looked at. Did buy a holster from them tho. I think I know the guy you are referring too. Seems like every time I asked to look at something, he gave me that “what do you want to look at that for” look. Seems like one of the other guys would have been happy to sit down with some coffee and chat.

I’ve heard of the SM store, but never been there.

Never heard of Gun Pro.

Been to the Barons Den a lot. Rented guns and bought guns and ammo there, but I never even noticed if they had scopes as I’ve never looked at scopes before.

Guess I’ll have to give them a call before I go. No need to made the trip if there isn’t anything to look at, but I’ll tell you, I’m getting antsy, and really want to put a scope on my AR.

If anyone has been into Cabela’s recently, do they still have a lot of scopes in stock, or have scopes been scooped up in the panic buying?

Cabelas carries both Vortex and Leupold so would be worth a shot. S&M gun shop river rd, Barons Den, Bakers Shoes I'm pretty sure was a Vortex dealer so may be worth checking. Mazama I can't remember what all they carry. Bi-Mart may have Leupold....

And after all that I notice Dimwhit bumped a 4month old thread. ugh

Cabelas carries both Vortex and Leupold so would be worth a shot. S&M gun shop river rd, Barons Den, Bakers Shoes I'm pretty sure was a Vortex dealer so may be worth checking. Mazama I can't remember what all they carry. Bi-Mart may have Leupold....

Wow! insults to a stranger! Guess I didn't know responding to a "four month old post" was bad taste. I'm so sorry.

Not insulting- common forum etiquette to not bump old threads with irrelevant info. In this case planning a trip to Eugene 4 months ago, probably don't need this bumped.

Understood, and I've done it. Just try to watch dates on threads like this as things get weird when old threads get bumped! lol

But hey since it's back up what kinda scope you hunting for?

Well, not all is wasted. I only got one response to the thread when I posted it, so I just let the thread die. I have not made the trip to Eugene yet, and don’t really know when I’ll get up there, so the thread is still viable. The two scopes I mentioned in my original post are still the two I’m interested in. I’ve almost bought the Vortex twice from another forum, but I procrastinated too long on the first one, and missed the second one by minutes. I don’t think I could go wrong with either scope, but it would be nice if I could handle them both before buying, and if I could look at others also, that couldn’t hurt. Phone call before I go to make sure I will be able to handle the scopes I’m interested in.

Bakers Shoes??? For rifle scopes :confused:

Bakers shoes is off of Hwy 99. They're a Danner dealer and do alot of outdoor clothing and such. They started carrying guns 2-3 years ago and were one of the first local shops to carry Vortex and had some good pricing on EMP's!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top