JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ignorance of the hardware causes fear of the unknown. When young people are taught responsible firearms handling and are versed in the use of said firearms, their desire to have them controlled diminishes exponentially...

We, as responsible parents and gun owners, have a responsibility to tach our children about firearms...

Additionally, we have a responsibility to take a non gun owner shooting...

This is how you change these opinions and fear.

The other point that is missed....is where the young American was raised.
Each time a gun range closes in NY, NJ, CA or the NE....thousands of local kids lose the ability to learn safe firearms handling. The majority of the US Population lives in states with Strict Handgun and/or "assault weapons" laws. Those kids will grow up either without firearms or without access to recreational shooting (and they will move to other states)....each generation the number of kids with no Firearms experience grows.
If this poll was taken 100 years ago, every kid would have understood firearms.
50 years ago, probably 2/3
25 years ago...school shootings were unheard of.
What about 25 years from now?

The other point that is missed....is where the young American was raised.
Each time a gun range closes in NY, NJ, CA or the NE....thousands of local kids lose the ability to learn safe firearms handling. The majority of the US Population lives in states with Strict Handgun and/or "assault weapons" laws. Those kids will grow up either without firearms or without access to recreational shooting (and they will move to other states)....each generation the number of kids with no Firearms experience grows.
If this poll was taken 100 years ago, every kid would have understood firearms.
50 years ago, probably 2/3
25 years ago...school shootings were unheard of.
What about 25 years from now?

I agree that kids without any gun experience will undoubtedly be anti gun in thinking. Only the gang bangers will learn and experience shooting. Unfortunately at honest citizens expense.
Even in gun free NYC/Chicago they still manage to practice ~~~ on each other.

I agree with those that pointed out where the kids were raised plays a big part. Also many more kids are raised by women with women's support. That isn't giving a pass to the absent fathers. What % of school shooters alone come from stable backgrounds?

I hear why not? It isn't hurting anyone. Spiked hair punks of the 80s are no longer outrageous. Pregnant teens get their own TV shows. You must agree that everyone is wonderful or you're a bigoted racist homophobe. If you point out Lil Johnny is weird, you become the problem.

Additionally, we have a responsibility to take a non gun owner shooting...

I agree and did but it's rare to find one of those.

I'm also in an area where gun ownership is so taboo that just asking if someone is interested may end up badly for me.

Kind of like how the metoo movement has intimidated some men to not approach women.

Ah the leftist influence is strong in dividing us.

Those of us who grew up with Red Dawn have always wanted an AK. Different world nowadays. I think some kids are curious, but they're afraid of being shamed by the ugly little nerds from that "March for Our Lives" kaka. The long-term solution, IMO, is to get more girls out there shooting, and the boys will follow suit.

Girl shooters. Has anyone heard of Shooter's Grill, in Colorado? That's kind of what I have in mind.

Our two young Americans are VERY PRO-GUN! Son bought his first pistol yesterday (CZ75 Omega) that he can call his own, daughter will be shooting tonight after taking a few months off due to working out of state. Good stuff for both, proud of them indeed!!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top