JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a question for people who carry your guns during the day. Can you please share if you will put your guns in a safe, leave by your bed side or still carry? Will your kids have access to them then?

if its not on my person its locked up in a safe. My kids will never have access to my guns unless they show competence (too young right now...).

there are a number of cheap affordable, reliable, instant access bedstand or drawer safes that will prevent kids from getting them if your sleeping. There are nicer ones too for more security as you can afford it but there is never a reason to not secure a gun from kids.

https://www.amazon.com/Stack-PDS-15...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=37F876H7TSWEV49MP7DK

GV 1000S | GunVault

When I go to bed, my pants come off and are set on the bedside table. Exact same position every time. Gun still on the belt. On my pants are also a flashlight, knives, and other such stuff. I know exactly where my pants are because I use the exact same motion every day. Something goes bump in the night, I instinctively put my pants on and go deal with it. Whatever I need is readily available and at hand at a moment's notice. I don't need to be scaring my older kids as they move around the house in the middle of the night, either.

The reasons are all about repeating the motions until they're rote, and when you're stressed you don't even have to think about how to access your necessary resources.

I have a question for people who carry your guns during the day. Can you please share if you will put your guns in a safe, leave by your bed side or still carry? Will your kids have access to them then?
I put mine in my underwear drawer. It is always handy when I get dressed.

Both of my EDCs are either with me when I'm awake of beside me when I sleep. The rifles, shotgun, and the rest of the pistols sleep in my gunsafe. No kids here, so everything stays loaded.

When I go to bed, my pants come off and are set on the bedside table. Exact same position every time. Gun still on the belt. On my pants are also a flashlight, knives, and other such stuff. I know exactly where my pants are because I use the exact same motion every day.

I wish I had the room to be able to do this. Wonder if I can find a way? I don't leave my gun attached to my belt, but everything else is. When I put on my pants I'm ready to go. Leaving the gun attached and having the pants ready within the first step out of bed is a great idea.

Revolver in nightstand with extra speedloader. Enough to get me to my next home defense weapon - Mossberg 500 shotgun with receiver mounted ammo holder. It is in a safe hidey hole that even the ATF couldn't find, but is instantly accessible to me. The rest are in the safe which I could get to if I ran out of ammo with the former. No children at home and everything gets locked up when the grandkids visit.

EDC on the nightstand next to bed with the LED flashlight ready to go to strobe with one click..Gun safe just has to be spun to one number to open and the selection is then open, with two loaded
( none chambered) long guns, AR and shotgun in there.

Couple of hide out guns elsewhere in the house, wife and I know where. Those get secured when the grand kids come over. Sitting here with the lap top the EDC is on the table next to my chair with the flashlight. Wife has a 9mm in her nightstand drawer, right next to panic alarm button. Immediate loud activation and alarm company notification if she presses that.

I usually have the alarm set on the home setting if we are in for the evening, got a 10 second delay on that setting. Gives the kids a chance to enter the code when they come in if visiting.
This basically matches my prep. If we have visitors, kids or not everything gets locked up.

No kids here. At this point, I have an edc 9mm pistol next to my head on a bedside stand. :eek:Within reach are a 12ga pump and a Chinese AK. Hopefully none will ever be needed. The thought of sending a man's soul to his Maker is repellent to me, but having family and Old Woman to protect hardens the steel of my resolve.

Last Edited:
Retired LEO here, and my wife is a gun owner, too. We no longer have any kids living with us. Around the house in the evening, my EDC stays on my hip. When it is PJ time, the EDC goes into the Cannon Velocity Vault bolted to my nightstand. The Velocity Vault is empty - and open - at all other times. Our other firearms are all locked in gun vaults.

You gotta watch those magnetic mounts....They cause a distortion in the magnetic , space time continuum and if your bullets reach 88 MPH , you can kill time....:eek::D

Just kidding...I like the idea of a magnetic mount , seems simple and easy to use...I'll need to look into those.
Andy
Magnetic mount on nite stand next to flashlight mount. Same as my Gal's side.

You gotta watch those magnetic mounts....They cause a distortion in the magnetic , space time continuum and if your bullets reach 88 MPH , you can kill time....:eek::D

Just kidding...I like the idea of a magnetic mount , seems simple and easy to use...I'll need to look into those.
Andy

And if happens, you may end up on a date with your mother...:eek:

Andy
This is similar to the way that Andy gets his guns and clothes. He puts instant coffee in the microwave, which produces a paradox that opens a portal to the past. If you look around Everson carefully, you'll notice that he's not the only one to have mastered this technique.

Mine goes in my desk drawer. I have guns all over the house though. No kids at home, my son is 34 and lives on the other side of the country. One grand child and another one on the way but they will seldom if ever be at my house. So guns everywhere. No kids anywhere so no worries about that.

I refuse to bow to political correctness and feel pressured to keep "all" the guns locked up unnecessarily, exceptions = valuable and family heirlooms are kept in a well hidden safe.

~

No kids.
My carry gun will either go into my safe at night or go on top of my safe.
My 14" Remington 870 Mariner comes out of the safe at night and is by my bedside. In the morning it goes back in the safe and I retrieve my carry gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top