JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not unless you count giving a dollar to the homeless lady with the black dog at the 43rd exit off I-84 every morning as social work.

I actually tried to become a little more involved in a mentoring program recently (assisting a wayward youth who was involved in an assault upon myself in PDX not too long ago) but was denied in part because of my admission to carrying a gun...but that is a long story.

I worked with CASA (court appointed special advocate) for a little while and that was a little nuts. I have to admit though I have a little bit of the same problem. Another worker knew that I carried and brought it to the attention of some managers. After a little fuss I stayed another month and quit. I have to say I learned pretty much to be quiet in this field because the thought process is so distorted and to many perceive what they hear to be true. So I understand a little bit of what you went through. Plus many were offened that I was in the military and all I heard was guns and killings and poor, poor people. So I understand a little of what you endured.

Scott

We can't all be as hip and cool as I am (as I sit here in my ratted old bathrobe and fruit of the loom tightie whities re-reading my Death of Superman graphic novel for the upteenth time wondering if I should go see the new Star Trek movie for the 5th time tomorrow). :D

..and who says she isnt? ;)

Hey, if it was good enough to see four times... ;) I haven't seen it yet. Two young kids (one 3, the other 1 month) keep me pretty tied up. Excitement for me is a new episode of Phineas and Ferb. Will have to swing by Ma Mabels when it opens. I'm expecting a bubblegum load of stainless furnishings:)

i work for drug dealers...

well sort of, i'm a car stereo installer for now waiting on getting a real job...for the last five years now. and no i've never made a stash box

I own an environmental clean up company devoted to helping keep Oregon public shooting ranges open. www.Oregon-brass.com

When i am not doing that, i do technical support for an electronics discovery firm in Portland (think computer forensics, but for litigation cases not criminal). I used to do the forensic side of it, but got really tired of looking at all the child naughty images and adult naughty images. (lost a lot of hope in humanity from that) so i took a position providing support to all the lawyers.

I also own a computer repair company, (business is REALLY SLOW) and am a part owner in a web design company.

so all in all i stay very busy. Visit www.oregon-brass.com if you are interested in how we help retain public shooting areas and how you can help.

After many years of retail management, I am now a stay at home dad of 2 girls, that keep me very busy. Been doing the stay at home dad for about 4 years, and is the best thing we ever did for our family. Having both of us working did not leave much time for anything else. The second positive thing is we actually bring home more money instead of paying daycare.

Work in a hospital in the greater Seattle area. I'm a legal drug pusher or bartender depending how you want to look at it. I give "cocktails" to my patients :D

The patients seem to like what I serve :s0155:

We come from all kinds of backgrounds but have the same interest.

Previous lives: medic later to become an army nurse and now working in a cardiac catherization lab - work with heart attack patients. Life or death kind of stuff... very cool and satisfying.

Go 2nd Amendment!

I'm a union thug in the local pipfitter's union. I service, troubleshoot, & maintain HVAC-R systems from the smallest cooling units all the way up to the big boy stuff in downtown high-rises, and control systems... oh yeah, I do pipefitting too! I HAD a nice 6-figure job, but was layed off two weeks ago as work slowed down to critically low levels... I'm 42 and this is the FIRST time I've ever claimed unemployment benefits, but something will turn up before too long I'm sure!

BTW- I do house calls for a reasonable rate if any of you have a broken A/C or furnace! :s0155:

Excitement for me is a new episode of Phineas and Ferb.

Ha, I love that show. "MOM, Phineas and Ferb are making a title sequence!" (I also have a 3 year old and a 9 month old.)

I'm self employed, a contracted Medical Interpreter and I mainly work in Woodburn, Salem and Silverton. Health Care isn't affected as much when the economy is low but I have seen a significant drop in business this year.

I really enjoy what I do but I've been thinking of going back to school. Now that I have 2 kids I feel I should be doing more. Plus, I have a lot of down time. Instead of going through NWFA all day I could be reading or doing homework.

Pharmacist has a nice ring to it, I've been meaning to look into that.

For the last three years I've been a stay-at-home dad. Before that I was a carpenter/contractor doing custom homes and remodels in the high end market for 10 years. Moved here 3 years ago hoping to start a new outfit but then the market dumped sooooo...... now I just hang around the house all day trying to find something to do :s0114:. Yeah right!! 3 kids -9,7,4. My wife is an RN BSN that works 12.5 hr. grave shift. I can't wait to get back to work so I can rest. :)

Anyone need some finish work done??;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads