JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Only been there a few times, but I have had a great time here....

<broken link removed>

Nice facility, friendly staff, reasonably priced and with few options for shooting where I live one of the few choices I have... No membership required but annual pass available if you plan to go often...

If you go up slab camp,you get to a "Y" take the left ...

(river road)

Oh yes, been there many times. The Y to the right takes you to the big gravel pit up on the hill. I've been going up there since '92.

Do you know of the pit over on the other side of the dungeness? It doesnt get much traffic and is fairly clean.

Mount Pleasant here....

Usually, I go up to Memaloose but recently I've been driving my girlfriend out to Hillsboro for school so I've been bringing my .22 along and just driving up the road to Vernonia a bit to this old logging road near a creek. Very close in, and as far as I can tell it's nowhere near any homes or city limits, but it only goes out to maybe 20 yards at the most.

Noisycow,
Glad you joined. If you want to do some rifle shooting there some time, email me, and I'll meet you out there. Tri-county has a great practical rifle program, and an equally good long range (600 yard) program. Of course, they have lots of other stuff too, but I mostly shoot rifle. I used to do lots of 3-gun matches, but now spend most of my time doing various rifle things. I guess your first love really is the one you never forget...

Thanks NoOne. Everyone out there is so nice and helpful. Finally got to spend some time in the indoor range shooting a scoped Ruger Mark II. Had a blast. That pistol was making me look better than my skill level that is for sure. Started about 7:30. Next thing I knew I was looking at my watch and it was 10:30. I haven't fired a rifle larger than a .22 in years, looking forward to it.
Baby steps ... one caliber at a time ... :).

Oh yes, been there many times. The Y to the right takes you to the big gravel pit up on the hill. I've been going up there since '92.

Do you know of the pit over on the other side of the dungeness? It doesnt get much traffic and is fairly clean.

Mount Pleasant here....

No I don't know the one on this side.I know of a gravel pit but it seems to be a working pit.Not sure the drivers would like the shooting

If I am just going to pop off a few rounds at tin cans and the like I'll get on my quad and head about a mile or two into the NF behind my house. If I am going to do some serious bench rest shooting I'll set up at the Sunriver gravel pit - also close to home.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top