Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Where do you get your supplies locally? WA

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by ColdAF, Feb 28, 2014.

1. ColdAF

ColdAF King County Member

Hey everyone,

I just got into reloading about a month ago and the only shop by me in Renton that I know of that sells powder, primers, and bullets has little to no powder. My question to you all is where do you go in this area to get your supplies?

2. My 3 sons

My 3 sons Bonney Lake Active Member

Sportsmans warehouse, Sportco or Cabellas. Unfortunately most of the time it's the same there as well. Online resources can be more available but you will have to buy in bulk to make the shipping expense work.

3. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

I pity anyone getting into reloading at the current time. Availability of components is the real problem right now and typically a newcomer will want to stick close to the book on entry level loading data and may not find what they are looking for. More experienced reloaders will be able to vary or substitute components outside of what they normally use but the newcomer should stick with the basics when starting out and that is a problem right now.

4. usagi

usagi Redmond Well-Known Member

sportsmans warehouse and upammosupply.

shelves at cabelas are always bare. so i stopped going there.

online is pretty much the only way to go these days.

5. ColdAF

thanks for the replies you guys, looks like I will just have to wait and see what becomes available.

6. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

It depends on what you are reloading for. if you tell us that i may be able to help you a bit.

7. ColdAF

I am reloading for 38spl, but want to also do some 357mag. I got some Nitro 100 but they only have load data for 38spl with it, So I would like to find W231/HP38 or Unique or anything that would be a good all around powder for pistol calibers. Moderate 357, I dont plan on making anything hot, shooting through a K frame S&W.

Thank you for the help

8. 2ndtimer

2ndtimer SE Washington state Active Member

Other powder options for you would be Hodgdon Universal Clays, IMR-4756, Alliant Power Pistol, Alliant Blue Dot, and Accurate No. 5 and No. 7. There are also some Ramshot and Vihta Vouri options but I am not familiar with them. Good Luck.

9. NWCustomFirearms

NWCustomFirearms Vancouver, WA Bronze Vendor Bronze Vendor

I can usually find primers at sportsmans or Bi Mart and sometimes bullets at sportsmans. I order cast bullets from Oregon Trail Laser Cast and its cheaper to order them with shipping then it is to find them in the store. For powder and brass I keep an eye on the forum classifieds. Recently I've been able to pick up 6lbs of titegroup for very reasonable prices on this site.