JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can't get "truth" from any single source. You need multiple sources on any significant story. I usually stick with Fox and CNN as well as some larger newspapers like the WApo, Seattle times and my hometown paper. between them, I generally get a pretty good idea of what's going on. You just need to take everything with a grain of salt.

I get my news off the internet and use multiple sources so I can halfway believe it . It is unbelievabe some BS people come up with.

Interpreting the news requires discernment, critical thinking skills and have gone to school before 1960.

Other than that carry on.

Apart from the snide tail end of your comment, I agree.

I have yet to find a comprehensive news source that is completely bias-free, but as it stands my main newspaper/channel/website source is the Christian Science Monitor. I've found them to be tolerably fair, most of the time. I still pick up a hint of firearms bias in how they word certain articles as of late, but on the whole, they are pretty reputable and un-hysteric.

I suppliment with readings from Judicial Watch, Republic Report, Cato, Reason Magazine, Openn Secrets, and the Long War Journal.

My morning routine is to check seattletimes.com king5.com yahoo.com and cnn.com lately though I want to stay on top of any gun news so I also hit up nbcnews.com abcnews.com and cbsnews.com I realize most are left leaning but everyone but foxnews is and I like to know what the left is thinking plus I personally think fox is the least accurate news source so I don't bother with them at all

Apart from the snide tail end of your comment, I agree.

I have yet to find a comprehensive news source that is completely bias-free, but as it stands my main newspaper/channel/website source is the Christian Science Monitor. I've found them to be tolerably fair, most of the time. I still pick up a hint of firearms bias in how they word certain articles as of late, but on the whole, they are pretty reputable and un-hysteric.

I suppliment with readings from Judicial Watch, Republic Report, Cato, Reason Magazine, Openn Secrets, and the Long War Journal.

Ya Carry On is pretty offensive but hey if your looking for political correctness you are in the wrong forum

Carry On

Drudge Report, Google News, Infowars ... read all with your BS (especially the lame stream media served up from google news) detector on. One source is not enough, but Drudge report is great.

Not JUST your firearms news, but all your news?

I don't have television in my household. So I get most of my news from the internet.

Do you have a source of general US/World news that you feel is fairly trustworthy or unbiased?

I have several sources.

New York Times (World & US News) The New York Times - Breaking News, World News & Multimedia
Christian Science Monitor (World & US News) The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com
BBC (World News with a different perspective) news.bbc.co.uk
Al Jazeera (World News with a different perspective) AJE - Al Jazeera English
Wired (Technology news) wired.com
La Nacion - Argentina (i'm bilingual and can read Spanish. Takes a bit longer, but good for other perspectives) www.LaNacion.com.ar

Occasionally the LA Times or the San Francisco Chronicle, but not regularly.

The international ones have much better Soccer coverage too :)

Not JUST your firearms news, but all your news?

I have a TV but recognize that any news is a profit center. TV is the worst and prefer the internet as I have a little more time to sort the bias's out. Which are still there of course, but not so bad. Lots of news out there. For aggregators (people who copy paste) Drudge is noted as being very biased . I still check in with him though. Prefer Real Clear world as they try and avoid XX$$SC@ presenters and lean towards the real deal. Changes daily but it's the top of the pile of things to consider for me. RealClearWorld: World News, Analysis & Commentary

Debka File for amazing under the table mid-east intel from a couple of well connected Yentas: DEBKAfile, Political Analysis, Espionage, Terrorism, Security Love this one, they break news that isn't even news yet:) VERY Slanted towards Israel, but that fits my mindset. When I want to hear from the douchbag side of things, and I do check in frequently : Press TV This is Iranian government approved news, all mid east news seems tightly controlled, but this is 2 steps past all that. Fars is another one that's good for that. I haven't stopped laughing yet when they copied an Onion satirical humor article and presented it as fact. Laughing right now as I think of it. LOLOLOLOL! heheheheheeee.
“Gallup Poll: Rural Whites Prefer Ahmadinejad To Obama."
Check it out: Fars News Agency Takes The Onion Seriously - NYTimes.com They blanked out the part of the Onion humor that calls Ackmenanutjob a mass murderer while accepting the rest. LOL, click this link its damned funny. Anyway, FARs and Press TV get a quick click. I've all but given up on BBC although they are in the loop still. Russia and China both have pretty good news sites, you won't get it any more "Fair and Balanced" than these guys, much better than Fox: and they both cut anything critical of themselves of course: RT World News ? Xinhua Headlines, Photos, Video | English.news.cn or the US version of these guys: Washington Post: Breaking News, World, US, DC News & Analysis

Also check in on The Raw Story | America's #1 completely independent news and politics source and

For human interest, FARK: Drew Curtis' FARK.com He's biased as well.

FT Times for finance. The Times of Israel for all around good stuff The Times of Israel | News from Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World

Hope that helped some folks to see a few new things.

I get mine right here. I can't go through all the BS "news" that is out there.
I rely on y'all to post the stories here,lol

Burt Gummer always leads me astray.He posts a video and I get lost on You Tube for hours.
You start watching all the video links to one story.Right click and open the next one in another window so you can come back to the original.

Watch both sides' news stories. Both sides can give you compelling arguments why they are right.
Both sides lie as much as they can get away with.

If you are using one source and believing it,hen you too,are believing lies.
Hit as many sources as you can stand to get the,well some what real story.

I get mine right here. I can't go through all the BS "news" that is out there.
I rely on y'all to post the stories here,lol

Burt Gummer always leads me astray.He posts a video and I get lost on You Tube for hours.
You start watching all the video links to one story.Right click and open the next one in another window so you can come back to the original.

Watch both sides' news stories. Both sides can give you compelling arguments why they are right.
Both sides lie as much as they can get away with.

If you are using one source and believing it,hen you too,are believing lies.
Hit as many sources as you can stand to get the,well some what real story.

By your argument, all sources are lying so why listen to any of them?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top