JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for a local source of fresh, 100% all-natural, grass fed, no hormone, locally raised buffalo/bison meat. I know some grocery chains sell buffalo, but I'd like to really know where my meat's coming from and be able to find more than just ground meat. Steaks, hot dogs, sausage, jerky, ground, etc.

Anyone know where I can find this in the greater Portland area or surrounding it? Or perhaps local sources that will ship?

You can purchase Buffalo Meat near Forest Grove, off of Hwy. 47 there is a ranch that raises Buffalo and also sells their meat. Don't recall the name though..... I'm sure that you could google it and locate it that way.

Eat Wild

You don't necessarily have to get it from an Oregon rancher.. Most bison meat comes from the Midwest, where the Plains Bison traditionally roamed for thousands, perhaps millions of years. Pardon, I am not an expert on archaeology.

Avoid Fred Meyer at all cost.. Every piece of meat in that store is factory farmed, pumped full of steroids, hGH, finished on cheap soy/corn meal, etc.. Nasty stuff..

A CAMPAIGN FOR REAL (RAW) MILK! has some ranchers

Get 100% Grass Fed, Organic buffalo meat.. Doesn't necessarily have to be Certified Organic.

I get mine from a 6000 acre Bison Ranch in Nebraska.. It is some of the best dang meat I ever had in my life.. Bit tough for some, but I like the gamey and rich Grassy Plains flavor. It's like eating a piece of Nebraska Plains grass in each bite.. Soo, good..

I do know Full Circle Bison is your best bet for Oregon Bison.. Tobias Hatfield does a good job and I was a customer of him for a long time.. His bison is 100% grass fed and raised organically.. However, after hooking back up with a Nebraska rancher I use to get from, I just cannot eat Oregon bison anymore.. The type of Bison that are being raised come from the Midwest and, IMO, have a much better flavor when raised in their natural environment. The mountain bison that use to roam this side of the country are now mostly extinct and crossbred with Plains bison from what I hear and are quite a bit gamier.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top