JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I ordered one from the Benchmade website on June 7th. They were having a special on their engravings and I wanted one engraved for my dad on Fathers Day. I thought I had ordered it plenty early enough but evidently I did not. Still waiting for the shipping notice.

Anyway, great knives. Just wish I had ordered earlier.

We drop into their store (you get to see/feel almost everything they make and talk with folks who know all about their knives) and have also purchased from the 5.11 store. When 5.11 has some of their 20% sales this includes their knives.

There is a Benchmade store in Oregon City
I have not been to it yet but our Gun Club members get 50% off Marked prices
I'm just not a Fancy knife guy

So, a question for somebody that's actually been in their store...

I was in their store once. Everything was in a glass case or other display. There were no prices, and one person that you had to ask the price on something when you pointed at it. There was no handling by a customer. Has that changed?

So, a question for somebody that's actually been in their store...

I was in their store once. Everything was in a glass case or other display. There were no prices, and one person that you had to ask the price on something when you pointed at it. There was no handling by a customer. Has that changed?

Did you go in pre or post remodel? Things have changed a bit. Most everything is still in cases but when I was in there last there were three people behind the counter and all of them were letting people handle the knives.

There is a Benchmade store in Oregon City
I have not been to it yet but our Gun Club members get 50% off Marked prices
I'm just not a Fancy knife guy

I kind of felt the same way when I went in: nice knives but, meh, too fancy. I ended up buying two: the CLA for edc, and a Hidden Canyon - both nice but simple knives.

With the kind of discount you get I'd recommend going in to check them out - if you haven't already.

At the store, expect to pay list price, unless you have some type of special discount (think I want to join fredball's range!!!). I've only been going there about two years (pre-remodel) but they have always allowed fondling of the steel, encouraged even, frequently offering suggestions. We looked at quite a few when my son picked out his Eagle Scout gift.

Did you go in pre or post remodel? Things have changed a bit. Most everything is still in cases but when I was in there last there were three people behind the counter and all of them were letting people handle the knives.

Must have been pre-remodel. I did not know they re-modeled. The only time I went in was right after they originally opened. There were a lot of customers, and the one employee could only help one customer at a time. So I left.

I live very close to there, so maybe I'll try them again, if they've got customer service better figured out.

In the store they normally have a laser engraver and will put your name on the blade while you wait. Sometimes they take it other places for events at stores, gun shows, etc. so you have to check.

I have never lost a knife that had my name on it.

Honestly, if you live in Oregon City you should at least give the store a shot. Craigslist always has a bunch for sale too. Because they are local many people buy them and sell them.

The Harley shop in Tigard just up the road from Fisherman's has them. I picked up two of them while I worked there for cost plus 10% . I purchased two different size Bone Collectors to go with the Griptilian my step son picked up for me while he was at Ft. Lewis. They came by and did the laser engraving for free as well. Nice having your name on them and cool emblems also if you want. I have the Punisher on one.

669328.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top