JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I am doing some comparison shopping for some new suits this evening, having just gone through the closet, and realizing it is time to replace some and mix things up. I'll be buying at least two — formal for interviews and such (looking at a career move soon) and less so (for ever so wacky cocktail parties this summer, et al.), right away, though likely more. As soon as I can have my sidekick take my present measurements, I can get that going.

Knowing there are other gents on board, I thought I'd toss it out there out of curiosity: where do you buy your suits? Any establishments you avoid? Thanks!

Men's Wearhouse. Although my days of suits seem to be in the rear view mirror. Seems most places have kinda given up on them.....

The last couple I bought were from Nordstroms but it's been at least 10 years since I've bought a suit. No clue where I would go today but I'm interested in what others have to say.

Macy's often has sales on Lauren suits, which are very nice for the $225 price tag, but not impressive. Brooks Brothers has email specials and will go as low as $400 for a very nice suit. Jos A Bank has produced some decent suits the last five years and they run in the high $300's. If I was going to spend $700 on a suit I would go Brooks Brothers.

I bought mine in the 70s & 80s.....last one maybe about 1985 or so. Some Hong Kong tailor downtown PDX took the measurements.

Thinking about donating to the clothes bank.

What sort of price range are you looking in? That will narrow the choices down quite a bit.

Anything at or south of a grand is fine; I'd have to be convinced of a need to go higher than that. The tweed suits I'm looking at this evening are floating around the $400-500 range.

I like the Nordstrom at Washington Square. Great service and selection and there are tailors on site. Their anniversary sale is coming up in July so you might be able to get a good deal.

Anything at or south of a grand is fine; I'd have to be convinced of a need to go higher than that. The tweed suits I'm looking at this evening are floating around the $400-500 range.

Well, since you want to spend James Bond money I'd say you should be able to get at least 2 decent suits and all the accessories (including decent shoes, two shirts that can be worn with either suit, two or three ties, two belts) for around $1k by watching the sales at the stores @User 1234 mentioned.

Most places take measure onsite. Pants are usually tailored after measuring.

I tried Maceys and Nordstrom. Lack of customer service had me walking out after 20 minutes. We had a mens clothing store for years I purchased suits from. Small place and not a chain. Best experience ever with decent prices.

Men's Warehouse can go out of business as far as I am concerned. They failed to come through on my first suit at 20. It was to be for my grandmas funeral, which they were aware of. The tailor didn't get to it. I had to wear slacks and a tie. Didnt even have time to pick up a sports coat. So that store can rot.

I've had good luck at Nordstrom's and the Men's warehouse, they seem to last the longest also both have quality haberdashers. Now there's a word that doesn't get used often.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top