Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Where do you blackpowder shooters find percussion caps?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by taylor, Feb 12, 2014.

1. taylor

taylor Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any anywhere not even GB. Is there a source I'm missing?

2. OFADAN

OFADAN Brownsville, OR Well-Known Member

Perhaps at the largest black powder supply store west of the Mississippi which is the Gun Works in Springfield. Or Cabelas, or online from Dixie Gun Works, or Buffalo Arms or Track of the Wolf. My vote is Suzi and Joe at the Gun Works. Worth the drive.

tac, Dunerunner and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Simonpie

Simonpie Portland Active Member

I've seen them at bimart ans Sportsman's Warehouse, but they seem to stock up for the fall hunt, then let the stocks slide.

4. Gaucho Gringo

Gaucho Gringo Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I bought a tin of caps at Bi-Mart last October. Wish I had bought more at the time.

5. OcelotZ3

OcelotZ3 Corvallis Active Member

Gun Works Muzzleloading has them in Eugene. I bought some a month ago, then a friend bought some at the last Gun Show in Albany.

If you can't make it to Eugene, and don't want to pay the hazmat shipping fees, you might give them a call and see if they are going to make an appearance at the Albany gun show Mar 1/2, and they could bring some for you. (They tend to just bring modern firearms/stuff to the show unless contacted). Assuming you can make it to Albany... I called them before the last Albany show and they put together a box of stuff for me to buy and a couple of guns to look at. Great folks at the store!

tac, Dunerunner and (deleted member) like this.
  6. balaperdida

balaperdida eastern idaho Well-Known Member

Cabela's Web site claims there are retail stores in Springfield and Tualatin. The store near where I live in eastern Idaho carries BP supplies, including a variety of caps. I searched both the Springfield and Tualatin stores. The only listing in each was $79.95 per 1000 for either #10 or #11. The eastern Idaho store carries individual tins of 100 for $10. Takes me a long time to go through a tin. YMMV.

7. wired

wired Yakima Well-Known Member

Sportsmans warehouses has CCI's, Rems, RWS's etc Price is about $5 a tin except the RWS which are morel like $10 a tin.

8. tac

tac UK, Oregon and Ontario. Well-Known Member

I find that the RWS caps - marked HOT on the lid - a far better for reliably setting off the subs I use in my revolvers. However, they sure as heck don't cost me $10 a tin!

tac, back in yUK