JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It all is much clearer now.:cool:
bulldog-proto-1-141.jpg

Last Edited:
It all is much clearer now.:cool:
View attachment 486903

Modern air rifles use high pressure.......as do many paint ball guns. Takes a multi stage compressor designed for it. These are very powerful expensive rifles.

The OP could have been a tad clearer on that little tidbit of information. How many knew wtf a Bulldog .357 is in the first place?

The more I look at cost of this stuff the more I like real guns.

High pressure takes horsepower and time, even with a 10 HP motor, it takes 10-15 min to fill a scuba tank. That is why we use large cascade systems, they will fill tanks instantly because of the large volume storage (that can take an hour to fill) I cant even imagine how long it would take with a hand pump or small compressor. My primary dive boat had a 30 HP electric with 4, 6' X24" cascade (storage) tanks.
What about just buying another used tank or two instead of a cascade? Fill 'em up on your off time. Or is it bad to leave them charged for a few days? I know nothing about scuba.

What about just buying another used tank or two instead of a cascade? Fill 'em up on your off time. Or is it bad to leave them charged for a few days? I know nothing about scuba.
All a cascade system is is several (usually larger) tanks plumed together. That is exactly what I would do.......pick up several scuba or MSA tanks to fill and refill my gun in the field. I don't know what shops charge these days to fill them but probably not much. I haven't had to take a tank to a shop in 30 years except for service or hydro. All that you have to do is look at the hydro dates on the tank to see how long it can be used. Hydro isn't too expensive to have done but better if it doesn't need it. Tanks can stay charged as long as you like. Have never had any trouble with that.

Guess the OP never came back. I guessed since it is an airgun forum the OP was asking for a PCP compressor. Can't help with local but one can have one of the Chinese water cooled 4500psi compressors in a week, this IS NOT BREATHABLE AIR, as it is an oil using compressor. I am considering one at the $200-$275 area to the door. Also looking at the $500-$750 ones that are self contained or a Booster like the Shoe Box. Trouble is I have a 44 CF tank that the local scuba shop will fill for $8 to 3800# which gives me between 500 and 700 shots, but the run in and out to get the fill. Plus say $10 a fill and a compressor costing between $200 and $750 will take quite a while to break even cost wise even though I can get 4500psi fills at home.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top