JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As we all know, many guns are violent. I wanted to know where the most violent ones lived, so I downloaded the guardians spreadsheet

http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2012/jul/22/gun-homicides-ownership-world-list

I added a column which would compute the number of "gun murders" per "100,000 civilian guns". This would tell me which countries had the most aggressive guns. The spreadsheet has many "blanks" when it comes to the actual number of gun murders, so those are excluded. The others are interesting indeed.

Country | Gun Murders per 100,000 civilian guns
============= ============================
Bahamas 305
Brazil 233
Philippines 188
South Africa 139
Mexico 72
Argentinia 30
Netherlands 10
Italy 5.9
Turkey 5.9
Ireland 5.5
Portugal 4.8
Luxembourg 4.29
Belgium 3.89
US 3.39

It seems that our guns are fairly non violent ;-)

I could hear my guns talking in the safe the other day. When I put my ear up to it to listen in thing's went quiet.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

The US slips even further down the list when you take out the sub-category of 'gun' and simply search 'acts of violence'.

We in the US are not a violent society much as the anti-rights folks would like everyone to believe so to bolster their efforts to separate us from freedom and usher us into slavery and it's many forms and varying degrees.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top