JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
About myself, I have always been around guns. Even though My Dad wasn't a hunter. I remember as a child having a pair of chrome/plastic Lone Ranger 6 guns that fired roll caps. Later Daisey alr rifle, then the red Ryder bb gun. Later on went to cop pellets by crossman, and others. In High school took a buss out to Gladstone (in the early 70's) while I was in High school and bought my first revolver out of the nickel adds for $40. It was a British .455 Webly break top revolver. I Graduated high School before my 18thoughts birthday. So I couldn't buy any ammo at any store for a while. When I did turn 18, and found out I could only buy rifle ammo, I started looking for a way to get .45 acp ammo. Nope had to be 21 to buy it. Found an M-1 carbine at a surplus store for $50. Bought that, and lots of Surplus ammo back then real cheap. The empty brass was adding up so I looked into starting to reload, then found out I could buy .45 slugs, casings, primers and powder and build my own .45 for the webly, ( another note, had to have half moon clips to make the acp's work in the webly). 47 years later, I'm still reloading, but many more calibers. Still shooting when weather permits. I have held an F.F.L. twice. First time was just no name dealer. Second time was as Portland Firearms sales, and as Portland Firearms Training Team.. Held the N.R.A. basic pistol class, with live fire at Johnson Creek Gun club for about 3 years, then Obama got elected, and we went over the top. Way too many people for that 10 lane range. I got us kicked out. Too many members couldn't shoot when they wanted to. Totally my fault for not limiting properly. Can by Rod and Gun Club gave us a home for a while. But it was still plenty busy. Then I had discord in the ranks of instructors, and the membership fees at Canby had to go up because of a construction issue, and I couldn't continue so Portland Firearms Training Team was Dissolved. I have been buying a couple guns here and there over the years, and still shooting when I can. Not NRA certified anymore, but would like to find a place where I could help out with a class or two in the future.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top