JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been scouring the internet for a while to try and find common rifle powders but literally everything except for maybe select pistol and shotgun powders are completely out of stock. Rewind to only a few months ago where basically everything was in stock. Does anyone have any ideas where all the powder went and/or where we can acquire more in bulk aside from the scalpers?

you can order direct from Hodgdon, to block bots you've got to know the secret hand shake or it'll just tell you it's out of stock. So what you do is put a hat or other merchandise in your cart and then go look at powder, once you've got what you want just remove the hat or whatever. That being said there is no garontee that the powder you is in stock but this will at least get you past the bot blocker.

As an adendum I tried this and it works but the only powders they had in stock were Ramshot and Accurate and only just some of those. Both are very good powders and what I use in my ammo.

Last Edited:
you can order direct from Hodgdon, to block bots you've got to know the secret hand shake or it'll just tell you it's out of stock. So what you do is put a hat or other merchandise in your cart and then go look at powder, once you've got what you want just remove the hat or whatever. That being said there is no garontee that the powder you is in stock but this will at least get you past the bot blocker.

As an adendum I tried this and it works but the only powders they had in stock were Ramshot and Accurate and only just some of those. Both are very good powders and what I use in my ammo.
You're absolutely right. I tried this specifically with a hat and suddenly they have inventory to sell. great tip!

I didn't have any trouble buying powder at a fair price at powder valley. You just have to take the time to check them often.

Just this moment they had CFE pistol powder for $183 for 8#

Uh, everything in stock a 'few' months ago? Where was all this 'stock' you speak of a 'few months ago' ?

Shelves have been mostly bare coming up on a year now in most places.....
Back in october/november when I first started getting into reloading, I could still find powder like blc2, tac, or cfe223 on many of the common online retailers like grafs, midsouth, or powder valley in relatively large quantities for the time. Sourcing primers was the main issue but I was able to purchase some in bulk from a gentleman I found on armslist

Last Edited:

Wow, this is an awesome tip. Feel like I just entered a cult :D. Now only to wait till they've got powder available for 5.56 loads.

I didn't have any trouble buying powder at a fair price at powder valley. You just have to take the time to check them often.

Just this moment they had CFE pistol powder for $183 for 8#
Yea
They've had N570 and H4350 numerous times recently.
just gotta be fast.
Primers are tough but I anticipated that and have plenty of pistol and rifle primers.
Basically all primer production is going to factory ammunition production.

Recently built a big magnum and needed more LRM primers and was pretty easily able to trade some small pistol for them here.

Everything seems available if you look, but primers are vastly more expensive now. I never bought Magnum Rifle primers in the past so now that I want to shoot 300 WM some I've looked. I will wait, shoot the factory ammo for now.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top