JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm in Tacoma. Looking to go out today and do a little shooting. I dont want to pay amd I dont want to go to a range. Preferably the woods would be perfect. Where is a good place? I'm reading online that green water is closed for shooting. That's the only place I know. Any suggestions ?

All the free stuff is on state land so unless you know a private party with a private range, you're SOL.

As an aside, the staying at home thing was fine for me up until the moment I heard that DNR lands closed. Then it all began to feel claustrophobic. *grrrr*

So if I read that all correctly, DNR lands and any 'developed' US Forestry campgrounds and other 'developed' spots are closed. It seems possible that a person could find a random forest service road and drive on it for a half our to an 'undeveloped' mystery spot and it wouldn't technically be against the noted list of not allowed, but I can guess someone would be just as likely to get a talking to for that.

I write that as someone who has serious pew withdrawls...

So if I read that all correctly, DNR lands and any 'developed' US Forestry campgrounds and other 'developed' spots are closed. It seems possible that a person could find a random forest service road and drive on it for a half our to an 'undeveloped' mystery spot and it wouldn't technically be against the noted list of not allowed, but I can guess someone would be just as likely to get a talking to for that.

I write that as someone who has serious pew withdrawls...
No, thats exactly it. You can still drive up random usfs roads, pull over at a wide spot and hike, hunt, shoot whatever. Its just campgrounds, psrking lits, trailheads, improved recreation sites thst are closed. Pew to your hearts content.

I have been shooting weekly on FS and even had the law wheel in last time out. I think he just wanted to check to make sure of the safety of my setup as he didn't even stop to talk.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top