JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
- Not sure why it says home instead of the address but the link will take you to website.

Guys all across the country use this guy for fluting and other work. Top notch. In Haines Oregon, not Portland though.

A fluted bolt will not be improved over the standard bolt unless the nut is lapped as well. Otherwise the fit will be loose and sloppy.

Yeah. If you flute a bolt you increase the likelyhood of cross threading. It's important to have the nut lapped to help prevent cross threading and thus a loose and sloppy fit.
1669906165961.png

Dang I looked for an update, thread took a turn.

Supposedly fluted bolts are better for could environments.

Ounces = pounds

No one ever batted an eye when someone Cerakoted their gun a certain way.

From that fluting service website:

BOLT FLUTING
logo%20round.png

All fluting is done on a Haas TM1 with full fourth axis capabilities. Bolt fluting allows for a lower coefficient of drag during the cycling procedure.
The flutes also give a place for grit and grime to go without binding up your action.

- Not sure why it says home instead of the address but the link will take you to website.

Guys all across the country use this guy for fluting and other work. Top notch. In Haines Oregon, not Portland though.

He has also done work for me. Good prices, professional, and a quick turn around time.

I have a couple bolts I need fluted. Where in the Portland area do they do so. Google search was unhelpful unless I want to ship my bolt somewhere. Which is also an option I'm ok with if unless I cant find someone local. Thanks guys!!
Not sure about local but I have had a few done at LongRiflesInc. Chad Dixon in South Dakota. Just flat rate small box and fast turn around. He did one of the largest bolt fluting group buys on snipers hide years ago and that's how I learned about him. I bet he did more fluted bolts in that group buy than most do in a lifetime

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top