JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As the title says. I am looking for a place where I can buy some Kydex sheets in a variety of colors and I would like to do so locally if at all possible. If none local, where are your favorite online sites with the best selection and prices?
Any help and suggestions are very much appreciated!

I've tried and failed before to find locally sourced kydex. TAP plastics did not carry it the two or three times I've called them. The least expensive place that I've ever found kydex sheeting (including shipping costs) was Knifekits.com. I've been making my own kydex holsters and sheathes for about 5 years now and buy almost exclusively from them. Shipping takes a week, sometimes a week and a half. Never had an issue with any of the kydex I've bought from them.

I picked up my heat guns from Harbor Freight. I use round files and assorted sandpaper grits for polishing/smoothing edges and light shaping - I do the bulk of my shaping (after heat forming) with a dremel, using sanding discs or cutting disks.

I'd like to eventually put together a kydex press - but I've stuck with hand forming because it works and I can get things just right with it. Leather gloves and wood blocks (and the butt end of an occasional screw driver) are what I use for shaping the hot kydex. Works well, but every piece is a custom piece and takes a couple hours to complete. Not ideal if you're thinking of mass producing something.

Tandy Leather in Portland has 12x12 Kydex sheets. Call them for prices. I would build a cheap press for $10 and shave an hour off of yur time if you could figure out how to form the type you make. I used to make kydex holsters till about a year ago in about an hour from start to finish with a press but they were shaped a bit different. Good luck wih your holsters they look really nice!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top