JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm looking for a used suppressor for my .22lr pistols in the Portland area. This will be my first can so I thought it would be a good one to start with. The host will be a walther p22 and a sig. Does anyone sell these used? I understand there is a long process for the transfer but if both parties are willing it work it out I could save some $$. Any suggestions?

Last Edited:
I did see that Coctailer has some new ones for sale in the classified section. I will check in with him as well. What do you do with your can when you want something different?

I did see that Coctailer has some new ones for sale in the classified section. I will check in with him as well. What do you do with your can when you want something different?

You could try to sell it,or keep it and move up to a larger caliber with a new one.
And you will already have paid the $200 tax stamp,you cannot really recoup that cost.
Make sure to research and try to see as many different ones as you can in use before you buy.
Again,talk to Andrew,good guy with some really decent prices on a variety of brands,he won't steer you wrong.
As a side note,my oldest son bought a .22 supressor from Andrew,his first one but not his last for sure.
Still waiting on the paper work to come back,but it is worth it.

The problem with used suppressors is people only sell the ones they are disappointed with. My personal feeling on suppressors is buy once, cry once. Why pay $200 tax, and wait 4 months for a $100 used can that someone is selling because it sucked. Or for that matter if I made a mistake and bought a $200 can that sucked and waited 4 months and paid $200 tax, I'm not going to dump the can for $100 unless it REALLY SUCKS.

Do some research and try to get in on a group buy on the one you want, you'll be much happier.:s0155:

Could you please explain????

I can.
I have one of is 22 cans and while not the best can out there it works.
The process was a pita and getting in touch with him blew.

I have several cans and have fired tons of different mfgs and can say you can and will do better buying elsewhere.

Coctailer is a great guy adn offers many mfgs. For sub 250 you can get into a great can. You will be happy with just about any rimfire can out there as far as sound goes. When combined with subsonic ammo most are very quiet.

If you post this on ar15.com and ask you will likely get a couple people willing to take you to the range to try a few out. If you make it up Hood River way your more then welcome to check out the rev can.

If you want to talk more about it, IM me your number and I will give you a call and pass on some contact info if need be.
CH

Thanks!

I'm just starting to look a integrally suppressed .22 pistol, I had a MKIII 22/45 at one point, and ended up selling it because I needed the $$$. I like the look of the Gemtech Oasis and this revelation arms makes something that looks close, and is almost half off! I know you get what you pay for, but I still dont have too much extra $$$ layin around, so...

If you get a .22 suppressor, I suggest that you get one you can disassemble easily and clean. Since subsonic .22's bullets are usually just lead with a little coating over them, some lead tends to get shaved off the bullet as it goes down the barrel. The lead particles with the carbon fills up the baffles and reduces the effectiveness of the suppressor.

Some of the integral suppressors are not as easy to disassemble and clean.

Could you please explain????

By many posts in the past on another forum the owner is reported to be a very nice guy. Many seem to think his products are satisfactory. From several posts on another forum he has messed up what should have been simple gunsmithing jobs. Threading was one and welding was one other I can think of off the top of my head. I believe one was able to be fixed by a competent gun smith and the other may have needed to be replaced. Those two in particular were posted by reputable members of that other forum.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top