JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've got a ruger p89 with a heavily damaged frame that cannot be repaired/used in it's current condition. The story I was told is that my buddy left it on the dash of the pickup he rolled, the lower part of the frame was destroyed along with the magazine when it flew out on to the pavement and got rolled over the top of. He gave it to me as a gift and I need to know where the heck I can go to get another frame. I've had no luck looking around on the net and I'm frankly burnt out by the whole thing. Please any help would be appreciated greatly.

If the lower has the serial number, then it is the component that constitutes a firearm. So to buy a new one would require paper work. Finding a used "lower" for this model is fairly uncommon. I would do weekly searches on Gunbroker.com (I just found a whole used P89 with stainless slide for $250.00 there) or have your local Ruger dealer contact Ruger directly and see how much a new lower would run you...

Good luck...

Billy

Ruger may provide you with a "replacement frame", of course, this would require you sending it to them as an entire pistol. For replacement this would not require an FFL or a transfer. You can do this directly with ruger.

If the lower has the serial number, then it is the component that constitutes a firearm. So to buy a new one would require paper work. Finding a used "lower" for this model is fairly uncommon. I would do weekly searches on Gunbroker.com (I just found a whole used P89 with stainless slide for $250.00 there) or have your local Ruger dealer contact Ruger directly and see how much a new lower would run you...

Good luck...

Billy
Yeah I've been stalking gunbroker's listings for the past few months, I tried calling ruger and they wouldn't do it, they did send me a new mag for free lol. I think I'll just keep looking for some stripped frames on gunbroker and gunsamerica.

Thanks for the input, Josh

Yeah I've been stalking gunbroker's listings for the past few months, I tried calling ruger and they wouldn't do it because the serial number is partially scratched off, they did send me a new mag for free lol. I think I'll just keep looking for some stripped frames on gunbroker and gunsamerica.

Thanks for the input, Josh

Ouch, possession of a fire arm with even an accidentally defaced serial is a bit of trouble. Destroy the frame/reciever asap. Definitely not the kind of information I would post up here for anyone to see.

Ruger may provide you with a "replacement frame", of course, this would require you sending it to them as an entire pistol. For replacement this would not require an FFL or a transfer. You can do this directly with ruger.
I'm considering just selling all the rest of it as a parts kit but I'll wait a while longer to see if maybe I turn something up. You got any Idea if the p95 frame or other would work?

Ouch, possession of a fire arm with even an accidentally defaced serial is a bit of trouble. Destroy the frame/reciever asap. Definitely not the kind of information I would post up here for anyone to see.
OH! yep I'll just go bury that thing out in the woods somewhere since it's about as destroyed as it gets.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top