Where can I find a ruger p89 frame for sale

Reactions
I've got a ruger p89 with a heavily damaged frame that cannot be repaired/used in it's current condition. The story I was told is that my buddy left it on the dash of the pickup he rolled, the lower part of the frame was destroyed along with the magazine when it flew out on to the pavement and got rolled over the top of. He gave it to me as a gift and I need to know where the heck I can go to get another frame. I've had no luck looking around on the net and I'm frankly burnt out by the whole thing. Please any help would be appreciated greatly.

Reactions
If the lower has the serial number, then it is the component that constitutes a firearm. So to buy a new one would require paper work. Finding a used "lower" for this model is fairly uncommon. I would do weekly searches on Gunbroker.com (I just found a whole used P89 with stainless slide for $250.00 there) or have your local Ruger dealer contact Ruger directly and see how much a new lower would run you...

Good luck...

Billy

Reactions
Ruger may provide you with a "replacement frame", of course, this would require you sending it to them as an entire pistol. For replacement this would not require an FFL or a transfer. You can do this directly with ruger.

OP
T
Reactions
If the lower has the serial number, then it is the component that constitutes a firearm. So to buy a new one would require paper work. Finding a used "lower" for this model is fairly uncommon. I would do weekly searches on Gunbroker.com (I just found a whole used P89 with stainless slide for $250.00 there) or have your local Ruger dealer contact Ruger directly and see how much a new lower would run you...

Good luck...

Billy
Yeah I've been stalking gunbroker's listings for the past few months, I tried calling ruger and they wouldn't do it, they did send me a new mag for free lol. I think I'll just keep looking for some stripped frames on gunbroker and gunsamerica.

Thanks for the input, Josh

Reactions
Yeah I've been stalking gunbroker's listings for the past few months, I tried calling ruger and they wouldn't do it because the serial number is partially scratched off, they did send me a new mag for free lol. I think I'll just keep looking for some stripped frames on gunbroker and gunsamerica.

Thanks for the input, Josh

Ouch, possession of a fire arm with even an accidentally defaced serial is a bit of trouble. Destroy the frame/reciever asap. Definitely not the kind of information I would post up here for anyone to see.

OP
T
Reactions
Ruger may provide you with a "replacement frame", of course, this would require you sending it to them as an entire pistol. For replacement this would not require an FFL or a transfer. You can do this directly with ruger.
I'm considering just selling all the rest of it as a parts kit but I'll wait a while longer to see if maybe I turn something up. You got any Idea if the p95 frame or other would work?

OP
T
Reactions
Ouch, possession of a fire arm with even an accidentally defaced serial is a bit of trouble. Destroy the frame/reciever asap. Definitely not the kind of information I would post up here for anyone to see.
OH! yep I'll just go bury that thing out in the woods somewhere since it's about as destroyed as it gets.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Good guys!
    I stop in here every once in a while to see what Michael has in the clearance section, and to ask questions when I have a project in mind...
Top Bottom