JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's looks like the winds are going to be light for the next few days and areas that have smoke now will probably be socked in through the weekend. Where are some places that will very likely be smoke free throughout the weekend?

Edit: this doesn't look promising.

Screenshot (60).png

Away from the west coast states. NV looks ok.

The further east you go, the better. We are in the moderate range, and it's fine. Maybe a little hazy.

From my observations, it seems Central Oregon to East Oregon might be OK but the problem is access, believe Highways 126, 20, 22 are all closed in the areas where there are wildfires.. and only Highway 58 is currently open but has a smoke hazard alert on there. I-84 seems to be open with no delays, but getting to 97 to go to Bend or wherever other places would be the difficult part because of staging and fire equipment access.

From my observations, it seems Central Oregon to East Oregon might be OK but the problem is access, believe Highways 126, 20, 22 are all closed in the areas where there are wildfires.. and only Highway 58 is currently open but has a smoke hazard alert on there. I-84 seems to be open with no delays, but getting to 97 to go to Bend or wherever other places would be the difficult part because of staging and fire equipment access.
Supposedly NWS says smoke heading to eastern Oregon (Bend 1st) for weekend.

Probably kind of late for a weekend getaway (it's almost 0100 Sunday 9/13) but it was all clear when I left Hermiston a couple of days ago. Meaning: just about anything east of there along l-84 (Pendleton, LaGrande, Baker City) should be clear (enough) and accessible.

I'm getting ready to head back that way in about an hr to start my work week so I also have a vested interest in "clear and accessible".

BTW, looks like there might be a little rain coming later in the week... fingers crossed.

I don't think you can go anywhere in Oregon without the smoke. But I did see a snapchat from a buddy in NYC, its 80 and sunny over there.

I don't think you can go anywhere in Oregon without the smoke. But I did see a snapchat from a buddy in NYC, its 80 and sunny over there.
A climbing/shooting buddy of mine who lives in Crakima is visiting his extended family in his hometown of Bangor, Maine right now.
He sent me this this morning, to rub my nose in it, being the azzhole that he is... :s0140:

Bangor.png

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads