JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
It's interesting to see all the comments aimed at Pelosi, while McConnell and Ryan - with majorities in both houses - never bothered even to try to fund the wall for all of 2017 and 2018. Why not, if there's such an existential crisis on the southern border?
The reason is because they didn't have enough votes to get it passed without invoking the "nuclear option"... Pure playing politics. That's why neither party should be trusted with a majority of power. Ever...

Politics
Cher asks Nancy Pelosi to end government shutdown before Trump: 'LET HIM HAVE HIS FKNG MONEY'
View attachment 536388 Taryn Ryder 1 hour 20 minutes ago
View attachment 536376
Cher

✔@cher

FOR trump THIS IS POLITICAL..BUT REAL PPL ARE REALLY SUFFERING View attachment 536377
WHERE WAS THE FKNG
CRISIS 1 MONTH AGO,1YR AGOView attachment 536378WHERE HAS IT BEEN FOR THE LAST 2 YRS. HAVING SAID THATNANCY YOU ARE A HERO LET HIM HAVE HIS FKNG MONEYView attachment 536379PPL WILL STARVE
LOSE THEIR HOMES, B UNABLE 2 C DRSView attachment 536380

12:44 PM - Jan 9, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

3,271 people are talking about this

Is Nancy loosing her permanent base ???

Fk cher and her like! No one gives two chits what a washed up has been holliweird has to say! This just proves Trumps actions are working!

Dont mind others disagreeing wit me that's life and as it should be but when individuals start talking about shooting individuals that pose no physical threat I am gone. That is not right and looks poorly on our community.

Especially unarmed women and kids. That just ain't right.

I dunno, from my understanding its just lower sector gov workers and aren't their pay checks delayed by 2-4 weeks anyways? Sounds non essential but hey its a job YOU signed up for knowingly just like I did when I raised my right hand and swore in, same with cops.

Unless if theres a damning underlaying issue with the gov being shut down I really don't see a severe impact or risk. Plus, as 2A advocates isn't this like a wet dream with Big Gov currently stranded on the side of the road?.

I recall being in Fort Drum while Obama was in office and there was a shut down, only affected the office desk jockies. My pay still went thru but there was no reinlistment bonuses which started in 2009 while still in the Stan. Some time later I recall a furlough went thru sometime after I was out but no where near the same uproar while they decided to just kick the can down the road further. At least now they are proposing a deal that neither wants to compromise vs lets just raise the ceiling a little further. Least now we aren't printing tons of money as I recall during the 2008 recession.

Sucks if it affects you but thats life period it sucks for everyone and at some point everyone goes thru it one way or another. Private sector is still going, grocery stores are still supplied and food stamps/disability is still processing at the state level as are hospital doors still open plus all those taxed social programs seem to be getting their full benefit that we all pay into monthly so....

Last Edited:
Also, to clarify my point. I don't care about a wall because we wouldn't need one if we had legitimate immigration reform. If the tax burden is what everyone actually cares about, why not make a modern day Ellis island. Immigrant shows up to check point, gets prints and a saliva sample taken, gives his desired name, and sits in a holding room for 2 hours while we run the checks for crime/disease. If it's clean, we give them a SS card and us citizenship right there on the spot. Boom. Now they're a tax payer working a long fulfilling life and producing more tax payers
Aren't we already doing this with the 1,000,000+ per year we already welcome?

The reason is because they didn't have enough votes to get it passed without invoking the "nuclear option"... Pure playing politics. That's why neither party should be trusted with a majority of power. Ever...

Not true. The Senate Republicans used the "Budget Reconcilation" process (only needs a majority to pass and Filibuster proof) to get their tax cut and when they attempted to repeal the ACA. If they wanted a wall, they could have used the same process. They chose not do to so, most likely because they didn't have enough Republican votes.

Especially unarmed women and kids. That just ain't right.

This country was built on the bodies of dead Indians, dead Mexicans, dead loyalists and redcoats, and dead Muslims, Africans, etc. Maybe it ain't right, but it takes force of arms to maintain a country! That is just a law of nature!

This country was built on the bodies of dead Indians, dead Mexicans, dead loyalists and redcoats, and dead Muslims, Africans, etc. Maybe it ain't right, but it takes force of arms to maintain a country! That is just a law of nature!

Good Lord. this is supposed to be the 21st century. Maybe you should hand out smallpox blankets at the border?

The content of this thread is against forum rules. Specifically non-firearm political content is not allowed. I let it continue because at first it was an interesting discussion.

But then there was some content here suggesting shooting people crossing the border.

This isn't in the spirit of NWFA and doesn't belong here.

Thread closed.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews