JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'll admit, I'm fairly new to fishing but I've been having a heck of a time finding fish in the lower Clackamas. I know all the "tips" like seams, cut banks, riffles, etc., but I have not even seen any signs of fish.

Is that section of river from Estacada down just not worth fishing?

Thanks.

What are you fishing for? It is early for winter steelhead, and the fall chinook run is winding down. I would recommend getting a good guide to take you on a trip (good would include one who shares knowledge and fishes the river with some regularity). The knowledge you will gain from that will be extremely helpful for years to come.

may-8-2012-brighter-image.jpg

salmon river at the 101 bridge is hot, saw 3 guys walking up the road with fish in hand last thursday
There by the junction with Hwy 18 ? I only fly fish once every couple of years, but you can tell when the salmon are running, there will be cars parked from 1/2 mile west of Otis all the way out to 101, and guys walking to back from the river with big lunkers.

A71A66DB-C335-40E5-AAE7-E18AF46AA3DF.png
Try looking in the nearest Indian Net.
We buy a lot of fish from the Indian store in Cascade Locks. Last time we were there I paid 35.00 a pound for some really primo looking fish......the wife was a bit upset when she looked at the bill but after we ate it she wanted more. I really want to take the jet boat down there and see if we can catch a fish. The water near the bridge of the gods looks incredible. I am going to move one of my research boats to Astoria in the spring. Really want to learn how to fish there. It will accomidate 1/2 a dozen people pretty handily. Anyone want to go?

Try Riverside park and walk up stream. Talk to a couple guys that said the coho we locked jawed but they where catching a few steelheads with eggs and yarn.
Get out there before the rain hits and the river gets muddy.
Good luck

Try Riverside park and walk up stream. Talk to a couple guys that said the coho we locked jawed but they where catching a few steelheads with eggs and yarn.
Get out there before the rain hits and the river gets muddy.
Good luck
Glad i'm not the only one running into that problem with the coho...
Hoping this next rain brings some luck my way.
Thursday is for bass and carbines, 'cause it's my dad's birthday!

View attachment 398645
We buy a lot of fish from the Indian store in Cascade Locks. Last time we were there I paid 35.00 a pound for some really primo looking fish......the wife was a bit upset when she looked at the bill but after we ate it she wanted more. I really want to take the jet boat down there and see if we can catch a fish. The water near the bridge of the gods looks incredible. I am going to move one of my research boats to Astoria in the spring. Really want to learn how to fish there. It will accomidate 1/2 a dozen people pretty handily. Anyone want to go?

I am choking on the thought of paying $35 a pound for Salmon. Good grief.....:(

15$ for that salmon, 20$ for the lsd they laced it with to make it taste better...
That fish was still alive and flopping on the table when he was filleted after I bought him. He was as red as a fire engine inside. Fresh from the Indian nets under the bridge of the gods.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top