JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have looked at a few places and haven't seen primers in stock. I have checked bi-mart, fisherman's marine, and wholesale sports. Does anyone have any info on a good place to look. When they will be back in stock? Any group buys coming up?
Just started reloading and the lack of primers is frustrating. I am trying to avoid a hazmat fee. Any help in finding primers would be welcome.

Thank you

You know I would pay 7$ a hundred - I need to find a couple of hundred large rifle primers for getting hunting loads ready for this coming fall.

James Ruby

There was some large rifle primers at the Sportsmans Warehouse in Salem yesterday.

I was in Cabela's in springfield last week and they were out of all primers.

there is a guy on craigslist that is buying up a bunch of them. he told me in a offer it was 100$ a box. i didnt buy them but i know bi mart gets their shipments in on thursdays. i would also check a couple of the ag building supply stores. sometimes you get lucky in finding stuff there as well. good luck

a month ago I took delivery of 12K pistol primers... got them because I saved 25$ on hazmat fee by ordering powder and primers together...

I had always planned on selling most of it as I figure I only need about half or less...

now despite the price hike, I'm keeping them as it may take a year or so for supply to normalize and selling some for a 10$ profit now may turn out to be a 30$ loss if prices double in a year or so..

people still remember 2008 where primers and powders became scarce for a while... and went from 15$ to 30$ by the time supply came back..

Sportys in Clatskanie had a pretty good selection last week. However they were $45 per K and higher. I'm set for a few years so i did not buy any. i did see them if your willing to pay and drive there. (i'd call first incase the hoarders hit the place)
Best of luck in your search

I've always had a few thousand. But as soon as elections were over my stockpile grew to ~15k

I didn't wait for the elections. My "Magic 8-Ball" told me that things would get stupid if BO was reelected. I ordered heavily.

Can't say how many I have because my local Fire Marshal may have something to say.

Who knows, at my age I may already have a "Lifetime Supply":D

I have looked at a few places and haven't seen primers in stock. I have checked bi-mart, fisherman's marine, and wholesale sports. Does anyone have any info on a good place to look. When they will be back in stock? Any group buys coming up?
Just started reloading and the lack of primers is frustrating. I am trying to avoid a hazmat fee. Any help in finding primers would be welcome.

Thank you

OP check the reloading classifieds on this site. A member has been ordering in bulk (group type buys) to save on hazmat. He's run a bunch of orders so far and as of yesterday had "extra" primers in stock. I got in on a couple of the orders and have received kegs of powder and cases of primers to round out my supplies. Good guy to deal with and local too so no shipping ....

Just picked up a brick of large rifle primers at the Bi-Mart on Halsey - good enough for this year. There are more primers there - no small pistol or small rifle or powder.

James Ruby

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top