JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As long as people are asking retail prices for used sh!t it's not gunna move. Buyers will just buy new.

That's what I'm doing. Prices are simply stupid. Sellers can ask what they want but don't complain when nothing moves.
I also think along these lines, inflation has hit everyone hard and the retailers have adjusted their prices accordingly. Seems that the used sellers are doing the same, just at a higher rate, LOL

I also think along these lines, inflation has hit everyone hard and the retailers have adjusted their prices accordingly. Seems that the used sellers are doing the same, just at a higher rate, LOL
It's like…. I know how to google items and see how much they run. Half the time it's more than retail once you factor in gas, time and transfer fees.

Why bother.

It's like…. I know how to google items and see how much they run. Half the time it's more than retail once you factor in gas, time and transfer fees.

Why bother.
I checked a random gun on the classifieds yesterday, counted from the top down the list to the twenty first handgun so I was not picking and choosing.

You guessed it, asking price was exactly one dollar higher than the list price on Sportsmans.
"Transfer fee on buyer" of course 👍

I saw a nice .32 priced right that looks to maybe have sold in a couple of minutes.
Saw a nice revolver priced right but by a brand new member here. Not sure if that matters but...

I checked a random gun on the classifieds yesterday, counted from the top down the list to the twenty first handgun so I was not picking and choosing.

You guessed it, asking price was exactly one dollar higher than the list price on Sportsmans.
"Transfer fee on buyer" of course 👍

I saw a nice .32 priced right that looks to maybe have sold in a couple of minutes.
Saw a nice revolver priced right but by a brand new member here. Not sure if that matters but...
All I know is everyone asking $500.00+ for stock Glocks…..

I had a gun listed recently but removed it simply cause I know how much of a hit I would have to take on it to move it. It's simply not worth the loss so I'll just keep it in the safe.

You don't get your money back from mods/accessories. I have to remind myself of that from time to time. Sometimes it's a hard pill to swallow. At times it just more worth while to just keep it.

And sometimes the trades offered are just as bad.

Last Edited:
The value of the gun is what people are willing to pay for it in the current market. What you paid for it when you bought it is irrelevant. That is simply a measure of the value of the gun to you at the time you bought it.

It has been nearly a month since anyone has posted on this thread, but I sold a rifle today and thought I would comment. People on here must be fairly price sensitive and price knowledgeable. I had the rifle posted at what I felt was a fair price for nearly six months with barely any reaction and no cash offers. I dropped the price by $20 a few days ago and had two trade offers and two full price cash offers. My ad did not indicate "firm", so I was surprised that since my original posted price wasn't much higher than the eventual sales price that nobody made me an offer. :s0092:

Timing is everything. I had been opposed to stainless barrels and 18" lengths. Then one day an upper at the right price showed up. It wouldn't hurt the bank and I had a new something to test. Turned out to be one of my best shooters.

Normally I would have ignored the ad. That's the way it goes. I usually sell bellow normal because I want an item gone.

This guy knows what he gots. No lowballs.
I buy when the deals are good and it's something I can move to hipsters on reddit or something I know I or my crew can use

My buying activity has slowed but not ceased. I am doing my part to spread the wealth around, mostly to local sellers.

I am still seeing lots of items in the classified ads that appear to be going without buyers.

Right now I'm not seeing anything that is such a deal that I've got to have it. Couple that with I've already got one just like it and the pursuit of the magical just one more gets harder to do.

Last Edited:
I have noticed the for sale ads far outnumber the Want To Buy ads. I think the WTB section doesn't get much attention. Maybe AI will help us match up buyers/sellers/traders.

I have noticed the for sale ads far outnumber the Want To Buy ads. I think the WTB section doesn't get much attention. Maybe AI will help us match up buyers/sellers/traders.
Usually when I "want to buy" something I just go buy it... I imagine most other people do the same?

Usually when I "want to buy" something I just go buy it... I imagine most other people do the same?
This is true for me, tempered by how much effort I want to put into the deal. Local to me, met up at Gun Pro is very easy. Driving to Portland (twice) because that's the only place the deal can be done is generally more effort than I'm willing to do for a so- so deal.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top