JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I can't take basically any allergy meds. They all make me sleepy, especially the "non-drowsy" ones. At best, some of them might work one day and after that I might as well be doing shots of Nyquil. Right now my area is getting covered with the green pollen. I wake up every morning with my eyes glued shut and raw lungs. When I go out ijust pray that I don't cough or sneeze. Lol

I forgot to tell you this but my husband said that if I was OUT a lot now which I am NOT doing - when and IF I started to cough due to some of my issues - he would be AFRAID FOR MY SAFETY since some people don't understand a sinus cough from this NEW so called virus.

I am NOT saying that they should be able to tell the difference but the WAY this entire thing is GOING in this country from A TO Z... he FEARS FOR MY SAFETY in some places. And he is armed but we just pay attention to HIM going alone and so forth while this CRAPOLA and hysteria is going on.

Meanwhile the REGULAR FLU and other chronic MEDICAL ISSUES have killed far more people over the years.

Take care. I hope that NO one tries to assault you if you cough even if you TRY TO HOLD IT BACK - armed or not.

God bless you.

Dead Serious Cate

I can TOTALLY relate to several allergies even though I am not allergic to pollen in general but to MANY OTHER THINGS as I got older.

With that said...

I am allergic to COTTONWOOD trees when the trees look like they have SNOW on them but that is the ONLY type of tree that I am allergic too. I noticed that when a friend had them in her woods in farm/lake country. That was MY first exposure to that tree compared to the East Coast (I was born and raised on the EC.) and when I moved to the Great Lakes region and got close to her woods where HER woods was NOT like that for me in my part of the GL region since it had different hard and soft woods and evergreens too. Same county but different townships.

I have some cottonwood trees around here in Montana. So I have the same issue.

There is one type of weed that grows out here but I can't think of the name of it now but that one WEED when it gets all dried out seems to bother me. My MT born/raised husband told me about it and HE has the same issues with that but he does not have it with cottonwood! Some type of maple tree bothers him and I NEVER heard of that before I met him. NOT sugar maples from the East Coast but some other type - not silver or red or Japanese or Norway. I forgot now. Sorry.

I can't take ANY OTC or Rx meds for my allergies.

I suck it up and DEAL WITH IT. He does too.

DRY air and super dry air- a lack of a GOOD amount of humidity - natural or manmade in the AIR can make MANY people COUGH A LOT. That is normal because you need a specific amount of healthy humidity in the AIR. That bothers me too. I used to tell this when I traveled a lot in MT. Plus I noticed it HERE - not as much RAIN, etc.

Speaking of SUPER DRY AIR - a friend of mine who moved from Maine to AZ could hardly DEAL with that and the super hard water. He moved back to Maine for the same .gov job. He lasted about 2 to 3 years in AZ.

Cate
PS: My post took before I was finished with it!
Cottonwoods, Dogwoods, Cherry blossoms, Doug firs... it's the reason I have a red dot sight on my chainsaw.

Well my health has some factors. Ya I felt like the Lone Ranger. I saw the first show some time ago. The Lone Ranger led a half dozen rangers into slaughter. Jay Silver Heals nursed him & that's why he wore a mask.

It's all "sanitary theater" just like the "security theater" at the airport.

I have good manners and hygiene and generally avoid getting close to people in public anyways. I'm operating as usual but I am also sure as hell not following the lane arrows at Safeway.

Common sense, decency, and basic manners would go a long way in our society. We all seem to have forgotten most of those a long time ago. If we expect the government to protect us then we better be prepared for a massive failure.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have."

#FireFauci

I've been doing every thing I can to keep myself and my family healthy during these trying times. Probably the most important thing is posting on "Next Door" telling people the safe and proper way they need to behave. Such as how to use sidewalks and parking lots. How joggers and bicyclists should behave around other people. And probably the most important thing is going to Fred Meyer's and scolding people that aren't wearing masks.

I got this!

very...
My wife has a compromised immune system, and I volunteer w/ the elderly once a week. Sanitizer, face mask, hand washing like crazy. Its amazing the attitude of some people because they claim they're not in the 'vulnerable' group. Truly shameful they cannot see past their own interests.

maybe they're observing easement rules - you can always camp next to a road, as its public domain... but hiking off the road to be hidden usually puts you on private property.

i'm not much for "camping," myself... only times i've done it are way out in the desert in the SW where it's 400 miles to the next town. it's definitely a hell of a lot cheaper than motel living, though.
The DOT claims that camping next to State highways and Interstate roads are illegal in Oregon :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top