JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The other day I was reading a post about some people abusing a shooting area identified as Salmonberry. There was no further information about where this was. As I have a Salmonberry near me I was a bit concerned but I determined that there is another Salmonberry, the one that was being commented about. I think it would be nice if people would maybe give a city designation when identifying a street or area as there are so many cities with similar names. If I am conpletely off base here please let me know.

Salmonberry is off HWY 26. If coming from portland/hillsboro it is just after the "view point" area.
If coming from the coast to portland, its just after the last "fresh spring fountain".. Which the last time I went to that had a damn shoe in it! (Among other trash)

The other HUGE issue about giving out shooting areas is:

*This is a public forum and folk with nefarious motives can use that information.

New slob shooters can easily find these newly mentioned shooting area(s) and head there further crowding and littering the spot.

Thats the main reason why I and others tend not to give out too much info regarding shooting spots. Its not selfish, as you can (as well as others) PM the poster looking for better coordinates or directions.. But a public post can be a can of worms.

I don't want directions to the area, just a bit more info on it. I live in St. Helens and there is a Salmonberry here also. This is what I mean. If the posts could just say Salmonberry near Hillsboro or something vague like that. Thank you for your input ZA_Survivalist.

I don't want directions to the area, just a bit more info on it. I live in St. Helens and there is a Salmonberry here also. This is what I mean. If the posts could just say Salmonberry near Hillsboro or something vague like that. Thank you for your input ZA_Survivalist.
Copy that sir!
Its either Tillamook or Gearhart

SHPD sorry bout that, Im the guy who posted the Salmonberry trash thread. I'm of the persuasion that I wont share shooting locations on public lands so I was purposefully vague. Honestly though the cats outta the bag on Salmonberry, mostly, but still I don't see why we should make it any easier for the slob shooters they are really doing us responsible shooters that much harm. I wouldnt be surprised if that small 2nd pit was closed if they keep shooting up the trees there. The irony though is if you shoot at a tree enough till it falls it usually falls on the shooter... :p

SHPD sorry bout that, Im the guy who posted the Salmonberry trash thread. I'm of the persuasion that I wont share shooting locations on public lands so I was purposefully vague. Honestly though the cats outta the bag on Salmonberry, mostly, but still I don't see why we should make it any easier for the slob shooters they are really doing us responsible shooters that much harm. I wouldnt be surprised if that small 2nd pit was closed if they keep shooting up the trees there. The irony though is if you shoot at a tree enough till it falls it usually falls on the shooter... :p
If the tree doesn't fall on the shooter it should of.

Shooting spots are kind of like secret fishing holes for a lot of us. I've got a couple spots deeper in to the Salmonberry area than the pit in that other thread. From the looks of the leftover shells, I'm not the only one who goes in that far but I don't think they're frequently used. I just try to keep them from looking like a shooting spot. I think that helps.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top