JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I pulled out 8k in cash today and I swear it took 4 employees, them travelling to the vault and back, asking me the reason for the withdrawl (to purchase physical gold by the way.) and about 20 minutes of time. However no one mentioned anything about a weeks notice, but it did take longer than normal large withdrawls take.

Last year I started pulling out my cash and the tellers thought I was NUTS! I mean they started to shake when I walked in the bank! I left 6K in my checking account.
I also cashed in my investment portfolio, had it transfered to my 'other' account as cash at another bank. Idiots transfered it to another person's account!!!! Took 2 weeks to get it back!
I've been buying hard goods with that money for a year. Wife is ready to scream,,,,,, but then she just lost $17,000 out of her retirement IRA Account in 8 hours on Monday!
And of course she still derides me for buying food! The woman is a,,,blessing!
Bought another $400 of food, will buy more, soon!
Food, clothes, fuel, lead and brass are the ONLY safe bets

Last year I started pulling out my cash and the tellers thought I was NUTS! I mean they started to shake when I walked in the bank! I left 6K in my checking account.
I also cashed in my investment portfolio, had it transfered to my 'other' account as cash at another bank. Idiots transfered it to another person's account!!!! Took 2 weeks to get it back!
I've been buying hard goods with that money for a year. Wife is ready to scream,,,,,, but then she just lost $17,000 out of her retirement IRA Account in 8 hours on Monday!
And of course she still derides me for buying food! The woman is a,,,blessing!
Bought another $400 of food, will buy more, soon!
Food, clothes, fuel, lead and brass are the ONLY safe bets

Yeah, whenever I make large deposits or the tellers get a look at my balance they tell me I should consider a CD......at those yields?... I think not!

Then whenever I want to withdraw anything higher than about $3,000-$5,000 (depending on the teller) the manager has to get involved and I am made to feel like I am doing something wrong. One thing is for sure....bankers are not used to seeing people with money in their accounts....we warrant a double take and a supervisor.... 5 years ago I withdrew $8,000 cash to buy a car and nobody said a word....it was just like I was getting $40 cash back in the grocery line....things have definitely changed and banks don't want to let go of our money...

I have been cashing out all non-retirement investments and buying real goods...food, tools, ammo etc. As far as I can tell....I already made money on that one because I cashed out 100% of my Bank of America stock at $13.30 per share in april and today it closed at under $7.00.....so I already "saved" myself from a 50% loss right there. The value of food, ammo, or canning lids is not going down any time soon...

Yeah, whenever I make large deposits or the tellers get a look at my balance they tell me I should consider a CD......at those yields?... I think not!

Then whenever I want to withdraw anything higher than about $3,000-$5,000 (depending on the teller) the manager has to get involved and I am made to feel like I am doing something wrong. One thing is for sure....bankers are not used to seeing people with money in their accounts....we warrant a double take and a supervisor.... 5 years ago I withdrew $8,000 cash to buy a car and nobody said a word....it was just like I was getting $40 cash back in the grocery line....things have definitely changed and banks don't want to let go of our money...

I have been cashing out all non-retirement investments and buying real goods...food, tools, ammo etc. As far as I can tell....I already made money on that one because I cashed out 100% of my Bank of America stock at $13.30 per share in april and today it closed at under $7.00.....so I already "saved" myself from a 50% loss right there. The value of food, ammo, or canning lids is not going down any time soon...

Few months ago I invested in the other gray and yellow precious metals - lead and copper. Bought 30K .45 FMJ bullets. I figure that I'd pick them up while available and prices are where they are. In a few years they will be higher and it is something that I should always be able to sell.

If a bank manager said something to me about waiting to withdraw my money, I would lean in real close anc conspiratorial and say:

"You mean you don't have enough money to cover my withdrawal? What happens if I announce that in a really loud voice right now in this lobby? What happens if I stand outside on the public sidewalk with a sign that says you don't have any moeny in this bank? Do you really want me to do that?"

And then I would withdraw every cent and close my account immediately, take it to another bank, and tell them the whole story, and that the same thing would happen to them if they ever eff with me about that kind of stuff. After that, I would get online in every relevant forum I could find and broadcast the whole story with thename of the bank and the manager. Nobody gets to determine when and what I do with my money.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top