JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With all due respect, the OC boat sank before either of us were born.

The Concealed carry boat was also sunk before we were born we got it back through the same type of people that are fighting for their open carry rights.

Unfortunately people feel that exercising open carry will further erode our gun rights which is actually the opposite of reality, exercising you rights and demanding your rights is what keeps them from being swept under the carpet.

And I choose to exercise my right to concealed carry every day. I actively support our right to CC and support all others fighting for their rights to obtain permits (in IL and WI) as well as converting "may issue" to "shall issue" and the nationwide reciprocity of CCW permits. My efforts go towards being able to exercise my right to concealed carry no matter where I may be forced to travel (see CALIFORNIA).

We concealed carry people need to understand and accept the open carry people in the same way we expect the gun shy people to understand and accept our right to concealed carry. It's all part of the same constitutional "right", it's a right not privilege.

to the best of my knowledge certain places- banks, courthouses, etc- are completely off limits for carrying a weapon. This applies to both concealed or open carry. perhaps one of the legal-ese experts could confirm or deny.

Iv known and heard of alot of people that OC into banks.. with no Problem... Again Its all about how you dress and your appearance

to the best of my knowledge certain places- banks, courthouses, etc- are completely off limits for carrying a weapon. This applies to both concealed or open carry. perhaps one of the legal-ese experts could confirm or deny.

I open carry in my bank all the time. It isn't illegal and has never been a problem. I have also open carried into the Clark County courthouse. Also, not a problem. They have lock boxes where you can keep your firearm when you're in the courthouse.

You may also open carry into police stations, city hall, parks and many other locations.

I had a customer of my come to my desk last week that was open carrying his 1911 at our car dealership. I at no time was concerned, and I don't think anybody else in the office even noticed. He may of been LE off duty but I'm not sure. Any more it seems like proper business attire.

The Concealed carry boat was also sunk before we were born we got it back through the same type of people that are fighting for their open carry rights.

I agree that hard work got concealed carry restored. But I think it is invalid to compare it to how people are discussing open carry here. Getting concealed carry restored did not take the "shock" of seeing people doing it to become "acclimated." It took facts and letters and phone calls. I'm grateful to the people who made these efforts, as they took place before I knew any better.

I think the end result of this discussion is where seeing people open carrying is likely to result in. It breaks down into two groups (more or less, although this is simplifying a bit). The first group feels that by open carrying, they will acclimate people to seeing guns, and those people in turn will become more accepting to them.
The second group feels that open carry leads to a certain "shock value" that is as likely to lead a person to be scared or uncomfortable with guns more than before, as it is to lead them to become accustomed. And its this risk that I take issue with. I do not wish to alienate people who would otherwise be neutral. I think its easier to convince someone to vote for expanded gun rights who has had no bad experiences with gun owners than it is to convince someone remembering being scared or uncomfortable with an open carrying individual. Thats why its bad if we scare them or they feel uncomfortable. Because like it or not, we need the fence sitters help.

I respect your right to open carry, I just disagree with the practice. I understand your reasoning, I simply believe it to be flawed. There is certainly no animosity.

Why not just cut to the chase so to speak. The best thing may be to difuse the situation by turning all your weapons in. That would avoid any chance of shocking or scaring anyone.

For me I'll continue to combo carry OC when possible and CC at all times otherwise.

PS.....if they're scared possibly they are the problem...? If we are to be swayed everytime some goofy anti-gunner whines we are destined to lose.

Why not just cut to the chase so to speak. The best thing may be to difuse the situation by turning all your weapons in. That would avoid any chance of shocking or scaring anyone.

For me I'll continue to combo carry OC when possible and CC at all times otherwise.

PS.....if they're scared possibly they are the problem...? If we are to be swayed everytime some goofy anti-gunner whines we are destined to lose.

I generally feel pretty good about ending an argument when someone regresses to grandiose, ridiculous statements. Good luck and God Bless (I think you'll need both).

i personally don't carry a permit at this time, i intend to have one soon, i was talking to my mother last night(who is 85),and she said she saw a man get out of his truck at bi mart,with a gun in a shoulder holster,but removed it to go into bi mart, she asked me , can people really do that,carry a gun at anytime, i told her , yes,if they have a permit, or as long as it is not concelled,they can carry at anytime.this lady grew up around guns and hunting,even helped my dad gut his animals, when i was to young. i asked her about gun control laws,her comment was ,that a man should allways be able to carry a gun to hunt, or to protect his family from wrongfull doing or a bad government,she says that the 2nd ammendment was established for this,and she says, but i don't like the idea of a person carring a gun anywhere they want to,how do you know who the bad guys are.she said it kinda spooked her,and she really didnt like the idea,so i ask myself,are we , as gun holders,going to make a big deal out of open carry,so we can get our point across,yet hinder ourselves in the long run. nuff said,rusobr2 (steven)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top