JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My 3 yo daughter is in the process of memorizing 5 gun safety rules that I created for her specifically. She can repeat 3 of them to me with no help. I let her hold my gun after she says the rules. It's important that you control their curiosity. As soon as they are old enough to ask about your gun, that is the age that they need to start learning gun safety. Whenever she sees me picking up my Glock to holster it or whatever, she says "dada don't touch the trigger!" I promised her that I would buy her a 22lr rifle when she can repeat all 5 rules with no help from me. The rules aren't just words to her, I enforce them while I let her hold the gun and she understands. Every kid is different and will show differing amount of interest. You need to tailor it to YOUR child.

started shooting a .22 rifle with my grandpa when i was around 6. i could head out into the woods with it by myself starting on my 8th birthday. didn't get a bb gun until my 12th birthday.

not sure what i'll do with my kids now... but i'm sure my wife won't have any of me getting them their own firearms anytime soon. they get firearm safety drilled into them, and they get plinking time... but there's something about them having their own.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top