JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
After the 6 days pass on a classified ad and I'm allowed to bump it, is there a certain time or day that works best to get it seen by the most people? Like when are the classifieds most active? Specifically handgun.

After the 6 days pass on a classified ad and I'm allowed to bump it, is there a certain time or day that works best to get it seen by the most people? Like when are the classifieds most active? Specifically handgun.

Only speaking for myself:

I almost always look thru the whole "New Posts" a couple times a day so honestly it doesn't really matter imo.

Seems like this place is busier late at night or early morning.

Either way your ad will still get seen.

Upvote 0
Only speaking for myself:

I almost always look thru the whole "New Posts" a couple times a day so honestly it doesn't really matter imo.

Seems like this place is busier late at night or early morning.

Either way your ad will still get seen.
I'd agree w/ Joe. When I'm looking for something I always peruse everything, even the ones that don't get bumped...yep, I'm that guy.

I'm the same, but both of the ads I've posted so far have similarly not gotten any likes or replies like the rest seem to. I'm just wondering if I could be doing something different or if I'm just posting them at the wrong time or what. Both have been posted at night so I was wondering if that was the issue. I'm stumped!

Upvote 0
I don't think it matters when you post an ad. Every time I visit this site, I click on New Posts, and immediately I get hits on every post that's been made since my last visit. So...I don't miss much.:cool:

And as far as replies, visits, or even likes to an ad...Sometimes people are not in a shopping or buying mode, so they don't pay much attention to anything.

If a visitor to your ad isn't a buyer, count your blessings that he isn't leaving a reply. An ad can get cluttered quickly.

Last Edited:
Upvote 0
I'm the same, but both of the ads I've posted so far have similarly not gotten any likes or replies like the rest seem to. I'm just wondering if I could be doing something different or if I'm just posting them at the wrong time or what. Both have been posted at night so I was wondering if that was the issue. I'm stumped!

Some things that seems to be a fact when selling are:

Your item may not be desirable (rare).

Your asking price isn't low enough for people to say "That's too good to pass on".

If your set on your price, you may just have to wait for the right person to see it and decide they will buy it.

As an example:

Guy posted 2 decent but used AR's for cheap.

20 min later they were both sold.

You can sell for a loss for fast or sell for a fair price and wait or your prices are too high and it may never sell.

Upvote 0
Some things that seems to be a fact when selling are:

Your item may not be desirable (rare).

Your asking price isn't low enough for people to say "That's too good to pass on".

If your set on your price, you may just have to wait for the right person to see it and decide they will buy it.

As an example:

Guy posted 2 decent but used AR's for cheap.

20 min later they were both sold.

You can sell for a loss for fast or sell for a fair price and wait or your prices are too high and it may never sell.
Right. I feel like my current price is pretty fair. We'll see what happens I guess. Thanks for the advice!

Upvote 0
Useless advice of the day: Try to bump your ad just after someone else has posted 15 consecutive classifieds (either late at night or early morning). Speaking from experience, if you bump just before him then yours gets knocked way down the list.

Upvote 0
Useless advice of the day: Try to bump your ad just after someone else has posted 15 consecutive classifieds (either late at night or early morning). Speaking from experience, if you bump just before him then yours gets knocked way down the list.

Interesting... i'm trying to understand exactly what you mean. Like when one person posts multiple ads/threads? Would you mind clarifying just a bit more?

Upvote 0
Interesting... i'm trying to understand exactly what you mean. Like when one person posts multiple ads/threads? Would you mind clarifying just a bit more?
There is always 'that guy' who bumps all 37 of his adds at the same time, and if you are unfortunate enough to have bumped your own, single add just prior to 37 add dude, then your add gets buried and you've just lost your bump option.

Upvote 0

yes, when one person posts 15+ ads at once. Granted, most likely those ads aren't in all the same category (e.g., pistol classifieds), but they look "consecutive" in the "recent posts" section so that sometimes other people's recently-bumped ads get (too) quickly knocked down to the second page of that section. Not a huge deal but it can be discouraging.

Upvote 0
There is always 'that guy' who bumps all 37 of his adds at the same time, and if you are unfortunate enough to have bumped your own, single add just prior to 37 add dude, then your add gets buried and you've just lost your bump option.
yes, when one person posts 15+ ads at once. Granted, most likely those ads aren't in all the same category (e.g., pistol classifieds), but they look "consecutive" in the "recent posts" section so that sometimes other people's recently-bumped ads get (too) quickly knocked down to the second page of that section. Not a huge deal but it can be discouraging.

Ok that makes sense. I'll try to be as strategic as I can. Thanks guys

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews