JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went almost directly from a seasonal layoff right into a covid layoff. It's forced me to be even more resourceful and self-sufficient. I like it. Less reliance on the outside world will be a goal of mine.

Not much different than we've been doing but definitely will work harder toward retirement preparedness. Looking at retirement properties outside WA; that will become a higher priority issue. Find the property, begin some development, then start to move out and get away!

_nc_ohc=VD6LcjYN9ZwAX9Dp0ax&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

When the COVID-19 emergency is over (or "settles down") what will you do differently?

The pandemic has had about zero effect on me so far.
I'm a bit of a hermit anyway, so isolation is just fine.
I don't take masks as a political statement, no more than I'd judge someone walking with a cane.
I think the pandemic has many "silver linings" that will evolve our society faster than without.
I've yet to volunteer to beta-test the jab.

I guess that means my answer is close to "Not a thing".

(Well, 'cept maybe stock up on ammo better for the next time.)

Just because numbers are going down in the USA doesn't mean it's safe to go out in the wild.
We've been 3-5 weeks behind Europe and others. And right now, SO many places are showing new record numbers.

It ain't over yet folks. What we've been through is what I'd call overall "the 1st wave".

I predict, by end of summer, we'll be breaking new records.

I was in Home Depot Sunday and about half the people were not wearing masks. Most of the staff were, but some of those wore them half-assed (not covering their nose) so I assume it was mandated by corporate.

After tomorrow I probably won't wear a mask anywhere - I assume most places will stop mandating them (except medical care facilities) and I had my second Moderna shot last week.

I live like a hermit too - I rarely go anywhere.

As for my OP, I am indeed doing better with the procrastinating, cleaning up and inventorying. I've spent the last two weeks plus cleaning up around the house, and as much of a slob as I have been, that involves spending 4-6 hours a day of work. The main thing that slows me down is my lower back - I have to take frequent breaks - it sometimes takes an hour before the pain subsides.

At this point its probably pretty much a waste but, work in health care. There never was anything close to what was being claimed.
The "crisis" has been a thing that has most of us laughing a LOT, even though we have to be careful since the top management is still scared to death of the Gov.
We finally saw a real "crisis" here last couple days that was kind of scary, heat. The local hospitals here were in what is real crisis for a couple days. We had so many "customers" that we were all over the number we are allowed to have. It got to the point where so many were on what is known as "divert" that we all had to just ignore the rules and take in more people than we had the capacity to deal with because there was no place to send people. Covid was never a problem, heat was. People suddenly "free" went running out and got sick and hurt. Saw an AMAZING number of people who seemed to forget that when the temps are triple dig you have to be careful packing food, ie keep things cold, and limit how much alcohol you take in while suddenly finding freedom again. So those who were not careful flooded health care.
This year we suddenly had no deaths from Flu. This of course is a laugh but, lot of people really believe it so :s0092:.
The really sad part of all this is just how well this hoax worked. Law makers watched this closely. They will use fear again when they want power since so many fell for it this time. :s0092:

I don't think it'll EVER be "over" or "settled"--now that Team Donk has discovered that they can weaponize germs for political power, expect this crap to be abused until there's a successful Ballot Box Revolt. (Best Case, I'd rather not discuss the only other "stops it" Endgame Scenario here.)

Look at how the vaxxholes are clinging to their bullBiden facediaper mandates "unless fully vaccinated"...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top