JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
With PMs moving up a bit the supply is completely dry out there. Having PMs since the 90s I've noticed a pattern. People only want to buy when the price is climbing - especially in rare times when it is climbing fast. Common sense says buy when the price is low, but with PMs it never seems to happen that way. When if silver goes over $30 melt price, buyers come out of the woodwork and generic rounds sell for $35+ no problem.

The answer to the question in the thread Title is: "Yesterday".:)

We have recently seen a bullish breakout of a "Cup and Handle" formation which is extremely bullish. This recent Cup and Handle formed between 2011 and 2022, or over about ten years. The last Cup and Handle formed between 1996 and 2005, taking about ten years as well to form.

Once the signal came from that last 2005 breakout, gold moved from $400 to $1900 in six years. A nearly 400 percent return in six years time.

Here is some additional information on the formation:

Cup & Handle.png

Last Edited:
With PMs moving up a bit the supply is completely dry out there. Having PMs since the 90s I've noticed a pattern. People only want to buy when the price is climbing - especially in rare times when it is climbing fast. Common sense says buy when the price is low, but with PMs it never seems to happen that way. When if silver goes over $30 melt price, buyers come out of the woodwork and generic rounds sell for $35+ no problem.
Folks with "excess" Gold might consider trading SOME towards some more silver. Given the ratio hasn't caught up yet. Least ways I'm considering doing such. Not sure yet. No need nor want to sell either outrite ATM.

At present, there is an approximate $200 War Premium on gold. That has occurred within the past couple of weeks due to momentum buying. Yes, there are inflationary pressures in the economy. However, $200 increase in two weeks likely isn't attributable to inflation. In terms of my being interested in buying, I'm usually suspicious of wide moves in short periods of time. Gold established a kind of floor over the past couple of years +/-$1800, I'd say that was closer to fair value. Quite a bit of inflation anticipation appreciation was built into gold in 2020. Let's wait and see what bumps to interest rates result in. History has shown gold to drop following the first of such increases in past Fed actions. Who knows if it will this time around, or if the Fed will actually get started on this considering the Ukraine war that has started in the meantime.

Once again I say, the hard thing about the future is that it's so mysterious.

I bought a gold coin for $1891 a week and a half ago (Austrian 90% gold). In my opinion, $2000 gold (as of me typing this) is a steal. I personally believe the true value of gold in dollars should be at least $11k per ounce and silver at least $100/oz.…. But I personally think $500 is more like it. I like to buy the dips….. I could have waited a bit but I didn't care. I had the cash and I liked the Austrian coin and the store gave me a decent deal. Same coin was a few hundred more online (APMEX). I also picked up seven silver eagles (used) at $29.50 out the door.

if I had money to play with, I'd defiantly look into investing in energy…..oil and uranium for example. I am not into cryptos but I like the technology behind cryptos.

I agree. i think gold/silver are undervalued. Especially silver. And with inflation / stagflation having started, will only go up. I just can't see these going down much in the next years. Paying people to stay home and these build back broke bills, our $ is on the brink and we owe so much. Should oil ever be traded in anything else, we are toast.

dollar cost averages - always be buying PM's and these fluctuations won't really matter much. But I agree with up above - more of a challenge to find something to buy when the prices are rising. I suggest to begin a friendship with a local coin shop / pawn shop / bullion dealer. It helps.

Govs that have tried to move away from the Petro dollar were rewarded with our bombs. Many years back a friend was raging about us bombing the Middle East. I told him yes it is wrong, based on lies and propaganda HOWEVER w/o those bombs stopping these countries leaders from ditching the dollar we'd probably be living in a version of Zimbabwe right now.
Our military might and a printing press is all we really had/have. Without the backed-by-nothing dollar to put at will - as in TRILLIONS monthly thru the C19 BS - we are really nothing anymore. We make nothing.

When we invaded Iraq in 2003 what was the first permanent structure we built? A Central Bank. It is all about control and power. Not sure what the US can do to stop the Saudis from going to the Yuan but if they try there will be some story, a FF, some reason to squash them.

"All empires fail, but not ours, I'm pretty sure ours will last forever." Not sure who said that, but it is a great line. The collapse is happening right before our eyes but no one wants to acknowledge it. Another great line - "It is what it is"

Society as a whole is so distracted about what form of material will be currency or have worth in the future good or bad. The true and only currency is control of the masses. Without it nothing is accomplished, but with it anything can be overcome. While not to sound overly prophetic ask yourself which you'd rather have or which would benefit you most, gold, oil, cash ...etc or control over 100 people? Which would allow you to complete the tasks you need to survive? The elite wealth class is not about money they are smart and know the money gives them control of people and that is where real power comes from.

I've said for years that if something can be taken from you via a keyboard IT WILL BE. A shovel, a set of tires, food storage, silver coins, whatever is better than something paper (money), digital (BT) backed by NOTHING. Can be taken away tomorrow.

Agreed Jory. The oligarchs don't care about money. They have it all, print it at will. They care about control. Money is just one of their tools, to be used as a weapon. The last two years have proven they have full control via their media and fearmongering. The future is not bright unfortunately because now they know 90% of the masses are fearful and spineless.

This always made me laugh because it is pretty much the truth at some point:

I've said for years that if something can be taken from you via a keyboard IT WILL BE. A shovel, a set of tires, food storage, silver coins, whatever is better than something paper (money), digital (BT) backed by NOTHING. Can be taken away tomorrow.

Agreed Jory. The oligarchs don't care about money. They have it all, print it at will. They care about control. Money is just one of their tools, to be used as a weapon. The last two years have proven they have full control via their media and fearmongering. The future is not bright unfortunately because now they know 90% of the masses are fearful and spineless.

This always made me laugh because it is pretty much the truth at some point:

I got my statement from Wells Fargo-- my $1,000 account makes me a penny in interest every month. I was complaining about it at another bank when the teller suggested I should put that $1,000 in their money market account-- then I would be making 3.8 cents every month! :eek:

The same bank will charge outrageous interest on CCs, with short notice invoicing, with severe penalties. AMEX for instance, at late penalty of 29.99% interest and a whopping fee. All with money they acquired for nothing and little to no reserves.

Last Edited:
Ten years ago the dollar was 90% of the world's currency. Two years ago 70%. Today 60%. The 99 year old strategy of using our printing press via the foreign owned private Fed is finally showing serious cracks.

NATO expansion attempts into Ukraine and all the media manipulation is our last ditch effort to get done militarily what we are failing at financially. In order for the Great Reset to happen by 2030 the US must be marginalized at best, turned into a slum at worst.

It's interesting to note that recently Russia has established a fixed exchange rate for gold internally. Which is discounted from the international market price. As an authoritarian state, they can do this internally and make it stick. It's part of a plan to establish the Ruble as a gold-based currency.

The 99 year old strategy of using our printing press via the foreign owned private Fed is finally showing serious cracks.
Our government and our society show no signs of attempting to live within their means. "Balancing the budget" is a phrase that is no longer even under faint consideration in DC. Every so often there is noise about increasing the debt ceiling but it's just static, the ceiling is always increased. There is no end to serial crises that are turned into excuses for more uncontrolled spending. Constant new money creation is required to fill the need. That's why we find ourselves with a currency that has less purchasing power with the passage of time.

Bit Coin - El Salvador's Experiment

The reality.

BUT, But, but......In El Salvador, people trust the President.

HA, Ha, ha.....

Aloha, Mark

PS......

interdasting.jpg

70% of people (in El Salvador) don't have a bank account but they own a smartphone and can afford the monthly phone fee?

Yeah......SOMEONE is making money.

If it were in Amerika? Rrrrrright......some people might just demand a free smartphone and free monthly access.

Equity means = access to the system (including the internet).

Oh $@^*!?!? Not to worry.......someone will be along to suggest that more money could/would just be added to their EBT Card.

Last Edited:

gmerkt - nothing happens by accident, it is all strategy to level all economies out globally and put people on their knees begging for handouts. The globalist tricksters (think WEF) are far from done playing their fear games and I fully expect now that they know how gullible 90% of us are, they will really pour it on this fall.

When you control all the media, censor truth, well it is pretty much game over. Fiat, crypto, pretty much anything that is capable of transactions with privacy will be removed from the equation in favor of a global digital currency, ID system, and zero privacy. Along with a social credit score similar to what China has now. Most refuse to see it coming this decade, but it is pretty obvious at this point. I refuse to live my remaining years in fear, but have been greatly disappointed in people who are fine and dandy with the boot.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top