JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The bulk of Amazon-affiliated contributions to congressional and federal candidates went to Democrats — around 68% of the total amount of donated dollars.

Thanks for playing.
And about $280K of buyer's matching charity contributions (including mine) went to the 2A Foundation (in a quarter)?

I can't do much about what a corporation contributes to politics - almost all do - so "boycotting" does little good unless a significant number of their customers boycott them - which is rare.

And about $280K of buyer's matching charity contributions (including mine) went to the 2A Foundation (in a quarter)?

I can't do much about what a corporation contributes to politics - almost all do - so "boycotting" does little good unless a significant number of their customers boycott them - which is rare.
True, the water in this pot keeps getting warmer.

Amazon is pretty good about returns/etc. - at least in my experience, but they do have third party sellers and those are the ones where the returns can be an issue. For many items I am careful to buy with Amazon fulfillment and eligible for "Prime" handling where there are multiple sellers on an Amazon item - that way I have less hassle. Lately I have been returning a few items and have been glad for that ability - previously I almost never did return any items.

My CC co. also has some "insurance" in that respect - so I usually buy with that CC too.
Yep, that's exactly what it was. It was in my very early days of dealing with them and I did not know the difference. That was the "excuse" Amazon was using. I tried to contact the seller, got ghosted, so tried the bank. No problem money back. Not long after that I gave up and just bought a Prime account as it got to the point Wife and I had stuff coming here almost daily. Ever since then it seems to not matter. I place an order, if there is any problem Amazon just fixes it and they do it fast. As much as I hate the political leanings of the owner I just shop them first now. Other than food almost everything I buy comes from Amazon. With the way retail theft is now encouraged here is has been great for Amazon. I have often tried to buy things from places like Home Depot where it was so much hassle I pulled my phone out and found it on Amazon while waiting for them to find the employee who could sell me what I wanted. The stores like this are getting a double hit from this crap but, my patience runs very thin when I can't see what I want and just pay for it and leave. :(

The bulk of Amazon-affiliated contributions to congressional and federal candidates went to Democrats — around 68% of the total amount of donated dollars.

Thanks for playing.
Sadly this is the case for many large places. I for a short time tried not using Amazon. Soon I found the only one I was punishing was me. They do make some large donations to charity for all of us who have Smile. All of my stuff I buy sends money to St. Jude's. They do even have some 2A places you can have your money sent to.

The more unsettling scenario is:

1. Seller sells a firearm to buyer.
  2. Buyer pays seller at FFL.
  3. FFL submits BGC, and holds firearm.
  4. BGC is NOT completed by the date BM114 takes effect.
  5. BGC comes back approved, a day, week, or more, AFTER BM 114 takes effect.
  6. FFL cannot transfer firearm to buyer because buyer must have a permit.
  7. Buyer cannot get a permit because there is no system in place to allow buyer to get a permit.
  8. FFL can't sell firearms or do transfers, so FFL goes out of business.
  9. What happens to the buyer's firearm???
OR

Steps 1 - 7 are the same, then

8. FFL continues in business, but decides they don't want to keep holding private party transfer firearms
9. Seller's firearm has NOT been transferred to buyer, so FFL returns firearm to seller.
10. Buyer contacts seller asking for his money back.
11. Seller says he doesn't have the money (had to fix his truck, car, water heater, etc.), and won't be able to pay buyer back.
12. Buyer s**t's his pants, or something like that.

It is truly a sh*tshow!
You are smart man sir. I needed to sell couple of handguns, but I knew FFL transfers are crazy right now. What I didn't even think about is how by the time buyers pass BGC & are ready to pick up the firearm, there would be police permit requirement. From what I've heard, seen & read, nobody truly understand these new requirements, or how they'll be implemented. **** show indeed. 🤮

I'm thinking now I'll have to sell the guns online to out of state & just advertise non FFL items on here for local sales. Great heads up though. Thank you. 👍
Tigard Pawn4More used to, but they also use to hold your hand when you did the fingerprints as well, so :s0092:
I was there few days ago & overheard private sale falling thru. If I heard or understood correctly, shop warned them it could be 3 months wait or something & I believe the shop was hanging on to the gun.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top