JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last weekend I spotted this ad on Armslist:

ARMSLIST - For Sale: Sig Sauer P226 Portland ATG

View attachment 523894

I called the place the day before, I was told that day had the firearm, no original box but it came with a holster and they were willing to negotiate on the price. Ok, I told them that I was going to drive over the next day. She suggested to come by when they opened at 11:00 AM on Sunday morning. My friend and I drove there from Hillsboro on Sunday, showed up right at the place opening.

I walk up to the counter, ask for the lady I talked to on the phone the previous evening and tell her that it was me she was talking to about that gun. She proceeds to tell me that they don't have that "unicorn" gun, I am the sixth person wanting to buy it and claimed that they have contacted armslist and working on removing the ad. No worries, they have a great selection of Sigs for sale and I should take a look. They did have plenty of Sigs but nothing that was jumping at me to be anything special and I wasn't going to give my business to this place anyways.

My only question was then why did she tell me a completely different story in detail about the item number etc. the day before on the phone that she had the gun and I can come by the next day to buy it.

Basically, if it's too good to be true don't fall for it.
Classic bait and switch. Please share the name of the store and your experience widely so that poeple can avoid them. There are too many honest dealers out there to waste time on these kind of deceptive dealers.

It is probably also illegal and you can file a complaint with OR Secretary of State as well as FFl governing body. For cars I know it is illegal and if it happens too often then the car dealer can get a stiff fine or lose their license.

If nobody says anything then they will keep doing it as their is no negative incentive for them to stop their deceptive practices.

I was just in one of their stores (N. Lombard) this morning buying a 12" Echo arborist chainsaw and told them about this thread.
The sales lady did mention that a couple of weeks ago Armslist somehow deleted all their ads and when they got Armslist to re-post them, Armslist re-posted every ad, plus all their old expired ads, so that might explain why it was listed.

I was just in one of their stores (N. Lombard) this morning buying a 12" Echo arborist chainsaw and told them about this thread.
The sales lady did mention that a couple of weeks ago Armslist somehow deleted all their ads and when they got Armslist to re-post them, Armslist re-posted every ad, plus all their old expired ads, so that might explain why it was listed.

I called the previous day and asked if they had the gun and they told me yes and come on over

I made a trip over there last week for that same gun :(

This is the same thing I was told.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads