JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last weekend I spotted this ad on Armslist:

ARMSLIST - For Sale: Sig Sauer P226 Portland ATG

Capture3.JPG

I called the place the day before, I was told that day had the firearm, no original box but it came with a holster and they were willing to negotiate on the price. Ok, I told them that I was going to drive over the next day. She suggested to come by when they opened at 11:00 AM on Sunday morning. My friend and I drove there from Hillsboro on Sunday, showed up right at the place opening.

I walk up to the counter, ask for the lady I talked to on the phone the previous evening and tell her that it was me she was talking to about that gun. She proceeds to tell me that they don't have that "unicorn" gun, I am the sixth person wanting to buy it and claimed that they have contacted armslist and working on removing the ad. No worries, they have a great selection of Sigs for sale and I should take a look. They did have plenty of Sigs but nothing that was jumping at me to be anything special and I wasn't going to give my business to this place anyways.

My only question was then why did she tell me a completely different story in detail about the item number etc. the day before on the phone that she had the gun and I can come by the next day to buy it.

Basically, if it's too good to be true don't fall for it.

Last Edited:
Post horrible review. Tell all your friends. Name names and stick to facts. Places like that DO NOT deserve to be in business.

Post horrible review. Tell all your friends. Name names and stick to facts. Places like that DO NOT deserve to be in business.

That's what I am doing here. Posting exactly in detail how and what happened, not trying to imply anything or accuse anyone.

You draw your own conclusion

Sadly there are allot of places not just firearms, Kendal Auto in Eugene did the same thing after I called and drove
they then said they had sold it the day before I called .... wait what ?? I mean you can't trust anyone, same type thing happened
at Pro-motors in Roseburg, bunch of crooks there. Many have complained about turned back Odometers, and switch on numbers on the contract. They actually go over the contract one person said, left a second to get a pen, and came back, they were unaware they switched contracts having just reviewed it with them, they found out when the loan company send the payment book and paperwork. They had gone over the contract prior so they know most wont ever think to read again. many dishonest people out there sadly. A company worked for I caught stealing, was ripping off OHP, charging for services months after the client left. But all they got was a 1200.00 fine whoopdy bubblegum.

Taken from the textbook, "How to Grow a Business". In the chapter on, "Things Not to Do".*

"Bait and Switch"

*It's not a REAL book.

Aloha, Mark

Whats the name of the company?

I clicked the link after I posted too.... :oops:

I see they "REDACTED" the ad. Probably realized they messed up BADLY.

Here is a copy/paste from Armlist ad:

All That Glitters Jewelry and Loan
12200 SE Division St
Portland, OR 97236

REDACTED

What really ticked me off is that I wasted half my Sunday driving from Hillsboro and back for nothing. I5 was closed for construction and as you can imagine traffic sucked. The whole point of me calling the day before was to not waste my time.

If I showed up unannounced and the gun wasn't there I can understand but when I call and they tell me that they have it and drag me across town for nothing that pissed me off.

"[They] contacted armslist and working on removing the ad"

How hard is it to delete an Armslist ad? I haven't really used that site, but have bought and sold plenty on GunAuctions (fka AuctionArms) and Gunbroker over a couple decades, and removing a listing on there can be done in a matter of seconds. (On GB, if no one has bid or no one has hit the reserve price, it is a matter of mashing the "End Listing" button.)

I can understand a mix up when listing something, but after six prospective buyers were turned away, they still haven't figured it out? Right.

P.S. It looks like we had three of their four locations in our Review system. This one was missing. I went ahead and added said in the event anyone wishes to avail themselves of said system.

I have bad days.
Days when I could use a little grace. :D

I think everyone in the world does my friend. But bait and switch to get customers in the door is bubblegumty business. As a business owner I have items that I use to get people in the door. Write them off as loss leaders and keep on moving. Sometimes it works others I loose my shorts. But I never take advantage of my customers. ;)

Agreed @SKrueger. We have had some in our operation misquote a product/custom job/whatever to a client. It has been blessedly rare and we honored the quotes it because it was our issue, not theirs.

But after a half dozen people come in to their location and they still have not yanked a listing on basic selling platform? Sorry, that strains credulity beyond the breaking point.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top