JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
one of the big things that anyone who owns or sells 300 should know, they are very prone to set back because all the dead space in the case and no crimp.They will easily chamber in a 556/223 Rem chamber as it pops the projo into the case. They use magnum pistol powder, fast burn rate that takes up very little case space so there is room for the projo to set back, that alone will cause a hell of a pressure spike, let alone swagging it though a .224 bore....some peoples kids

I'm one who is always super careful and triple check everything when it comes to firearms. But a time ago I had never heard of a 300blk and thought it was a type of barrel not a caliber and bought an AR pistol thinking it was a .223 and didn't pay any attention. Took it to the range to test it out. Racked it back and pulled the trigger. Nothing. (Thank god!) noticed the BCG didn't fully chamber the round, racked it again with new round and noticed same thing when I asked a friend who was there who educated me on my severe ignorance.
I felt like a complete idiot and felt horribly lucky it didn't go bang!

I'm surprised this is news to people. This is happening on a regular basis. As much as I like the Blackout idea I just wont risk it. Too many group get togethers where many AR mags get in close proximity to one another. I also have kids/family (even a friend or two) at the semi-independent shooting age and just couldn't live with my self if something I did contributed to hurting them. Just not worth the risk in my world.

I'm surprised this is news to people. This is happening on a regular basis. As much as I like the Blackout idea I just wont risk it. Too many group get togethers where many AR mags get in close proximity to one another. I also have kids/family (even a friend or two) at the semi-independent shooting age and just couldn't live with my self if something I did contributed to hurting them. Just not worth the risk in my world.

Funny thing is...300blk isnt some take to the range and shoot with your friends caliber...thats stupid, expensive and pointless...the blackout is a close quarters suppressed round meant for a 8-10" barrel....my 300blk is only for me to shoot, train and keep as home defense....why people build rifle length 300blk is ridiculous...
Literally folks...the 300blk I love but it has its purpose and its really a gimmick for most...
Build an ar15 in 223/556, or 762x39mm not much else really...if you want build one for 22lr or 6.5grendel they are worthwhile and fun to

Funny thing is...300blk isnt some take to the range and shoot with your friends caliber...thats stupid, expensive and pointless...the blackout is a close quarters suppressed round meant for a 8-10" barrel....my 300blk is only for me to shoot, train and keep as home defense....why people build rifle length 300blk is ridiculous...
Literally folks...the 300blk I love but it has its purpose and its really a gimmick for most...
Build an ar15 in 223/556, or 762x39mm not much else really...if you want build one for 22lr or 6.5grendel they are worthwhile and fun to

I didn't know you couldn't have fun with one or their only use is so limited, Now I really don't want one. :)

I didn't know you couldn't have fun with one or their only use is so limited, Now I really don't want one. :)
I understand your statement..but all guns are fun, all bullets are fun...but why promote to folks who dont know bubblegum about guns to buy a 16" black out or take a blackout to a large gathering of several people who have no clue the difference of one gun that goes boom to another gun that goes boom...blackout has a purpose....if you take folks that are unaware.... they dont care whether its a 22,300 or 555, this scenario shouldnt arise, that people are confused about what mag goes where is ridiculous

I understand your statement..but all guns are fun, all bullets are fun...but why promote to folks who dont know bubblegum about guns to buy a 16" black out or take a blackout to a large gathering of several people who have no clue the difference of one gun that goes boom to another gun that goes boom...blackout has a purpose....if you take folks that are unaware.... they dont care whether its a 22,300 or 555, this scenario shouldnt arise, that people are confused about what mag goes where is ridiculous

It is true I take people shooting who have not achieved expert status (Ignorant even). That is exactly why I choose not to have one as my first post said.

i shoot both super and subsonic 300blk.

suppressed subsonics are great fun, but so are supersonics. at long range 300blk supers hit the steel WAY harder than 223. 223 goes tink, 300blk goes CLONK!

to say 300blk is a close quarters suppressed round only is foolish and narrowminded.

300blk is a FANTASTIC deer or hog caliber.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top