JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Thanks for any updates...Also I don't own any property in multnomah county, does multnomah county routinely eat the application money and then deny out of stater applicants ..thank you for a heads up. Newbie here..

I got my OR CHL thought Multnomah county no problem. Take the required class. Fill out application, they will mail you an appointment date where you will arrive, get fingerprinted, your picture taken and you turn in your safety class certificate and a short letter to the Sheriff for why you "need" a CHL. If all goes well you will have your CHL in your mailbox in a month. Yeah it's a lot of BS compared to the WA CPL.

If you are a CCW permit holder in WA it may not be too long before you no longer need to get an OR permit. It looks like after a little rehashing in the OR House and Senate, Oregon House Bill 2792 has now passed the Oregon House and Senate as of 6/28/2011 and unless the Oregon Governer refuses to sign or vetos it, you will be good in OR with your WA permit (once it is placed into law of course). Keep your fingers crossed! - G

Link Here: HB 2792 :: Oregon Legislature Bill Tracker - Your Government - The Oregonian

If you are a CCW permit holder in WA it may not be too long before you no longer need to get an OR permit. It looks like after a little rehashing in the OR House and Senate, Oregon House Bill 2792 has now passed the Oregon House and Senate as of 6/28/2011 and unless the Oregon Governer refuses to sign or vetos it, you will be good in OR with your WA permit (once it is placed into law of course). Keep your fingers crossed! - G

Link Here: HB 2792 :: Oregon Legislature Bill Tracker - Your Government - The Oregonian

I thought the senate gutted all of the reciprocity language from the bill?

Hahns what compelling reason did you give on your application? Thanks.
This is what i put in my letter.
Dear Sheriff Staton:
I routinely travel to and within Oregon for business, travel, and vacation. I respectfully request that your office issue me an Oregon Concealed Handgun License so I may carry a hand-gun, in accordance with OR law, for personal protection while within the state of Oregon.

I stand corrected, I printed out all the versions of the Bill and you are correct. The Oregon Senate did butcher the bill and remove the reciprocity statement from Section 3 in Senate Amendment to A-Engrossed House Bill 2792. I hope this gets readdressed in Oregon sometime soon with stronger OR Senate support. Call your Senator and give them a piece of your mind. Your House is good to go, but the Senate I give a thumbs down.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top