When is Sheriff Palmer coming to Vancouver again??

Reactions
Thanks for any updates...Also I don't own any property in multnomah county, does multnomah county routinely eat the application money and then deny out of stater applicants ..thank you for a heads up. Newbie here..

Reactions
I got my OR CHL thought Multnomah county no problem. Take the required class. Fill out application, they will mail you an appointment date where you will arrive, get fingerprinted, your picture taken and you turn in your safety class certificate and a short letter to the Sheriff for why you "need" a CHL. If all goes well you will have your CHL in your mailbox in a month. Yeah it's a lot of BS compared to the WA CPL.

Reactions
If you are a CCW permit holder in WA it may not be too long before you no longer need to get an OR permit. It looks like after a little rehashing in the OR House and Senate, Oregon House Bill 2792 has now passed the Oregon House and Senate as of 6/28/2011 and unless the Oregon Governer refuses to sign or vetos it, you will be good in OR with your WA permit (once it is placed into law of course). Keep your fingers crossed! - G

Link Here: HB 2792 :: Oregon Legislature Bill Tracker - Your Government - The Oregonian

Kimber Custom

Reactions
If you are a CCW permit holder in WA it may not be too long before you no longer need to get an OR permit. It looks like after a little rehashing in the OR House and Senate, Oregon House Bill 2792 has now passed the Oregon House and Senate as of 6/28/2011 and unless the Oregon Governer refuses to sign or vetos it, you will be good in OR with your WA permit (once it is placed into law of course). Keep your fingers crossed! - G

Link Here: HB 2792 :: Oregon Legislature Bill Tracker - Your Government - The Oregonian
I thought the senate gutted all of the reciprocity language from the bill?

Reactions
Hahns what compelling reason did you give on your application? Thanks.
This is what i put in my letter.
Dear Sheriff Staton:
I routinely travel to and within Oregon for business, travel, and vacation. I respectfully request that your office issue me an Oregon Concealed Handgun License so I may carry a hand-gun, in accordance with OR law, for personal protection while within the state of Oregon.

Reactions
I stand corrected, I printed out all the versions of the Bill and you are correct. The Oregon Senate did butcher the bill and remove the reciprocity statement from Section 3 in Senate Amendment to A-Engrossed House Bill 2792. I hope this gets readdressed in Oregon sometime soon with stronger OR Senate support. Call your Senator and give them a piece of your mind. Your House is good to go, but the Senate I give a thumbs down.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - Pistol/Rifle Combo
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Good guys!
    I stop in here every once in a while to see what Michael has in the clearance section, and to ask questions when I have a project in mind...
Top Bottom