JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There have been times lately when I'm trying to get to this site and I get an error message that reads something like "Safari can't connect the server is not responding"

If you get the same message here is what I think of...just put Joe in place of Darren McGaven.

I have so many issues with this site and safari that I had to download chrome to be able to view this site from my iPhone.

Haven't run into any other site with these same issues so don't hate on safari lol.

Rick;
Sometimes, the server is not responding. The problem isn't Safari.
It's your neighbors using up all the bandwidth in Lewis County.
Like the streets of Longview during rush-minute.
Maybe the phone line is glitched, complain to telephone repair.
Maybe the DSL modem is glitched

Rick;
Sometimes, the server is not responding. The problem isn't Safari.
It's your neighbors using up all the bandwidth in Lewis County.
Like the streets of Longview during rush-minute.
Maybe the phone line is glitched, complain to telephone repair.
Maybe the DSL modem is glitched

You mean my equipment might be part of the problem?

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"server not responding" is a standard error message. Doesn't actually mean that the server is not responding. If Safari can't connect, but anything else can, you can pretty much bet that the server is responding. It's just that Safari or your device is having issues; anything from dropped packets to intermittent connection.

I don't use mobile to connect to NWFA, but I don't think I've ever had that error show up when the site was actually up.

elsie

Rick
My post was meant to be helpful.
Before retiring, I fixed stuff for AT&T, 39 years.

Typical home DSL, ADSL connections consist of several parts or sections, from big to little:
Internet Backbone (Long Distance Fiber Optic rings, etc) Trouble here? sections of the country are isolated.

Inter-connect networks (Local phone company to LD backbone) Trouble here?sections of the neighborhood, city, state are out of service.

Local Phone Company drops to your home NI (network interface, little box on the wall of your house, and DSL modem) Trouble here? Just you and/or the neighbors lose dial tone and/or internet service.

Your home computer stuff (plugs into DSL Modem)

Digital troubles can be total or occasional.

Then, there's traffic jams. Everyone comes home at 4pm and hops on the internet. Network is overwhelmed. Everybody shares the same freeway on-ramp, zoom to the other side of the world, then a freeway off-ramp.
The Wireless network is similar. It hooks into the backbone to get outta town. All calls and internet connections share the same bandwidths.

The companies know how many customers they can cram on a path till the customers complain about service. Paths cost money, the fewer paths with the most customers = profit.

Does your problem happen at all hours?
Is it your wired desktop or the cell phone?

Respectfully,
Another
Rick:)

Bandwidth is like a freeway. Big freeway, lotsa fast data flow.

My 1st post and subsequent one were meant to be tongue in cheek. I do appreciate all the comments and offers of help. I have ALL the bells and whistles as Mrs. 49 works for a Fortune 500 from home in a top tier IT position that requires industrial capabilities.
She works in a multi-server network environment that does not impact my connectivity performance at any time. The only site I have issues with is this one. My comments were not meant as a "slam" just an observation to perhaps help others. Kudos to Joe and the gang for s great site.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top