JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When's the last time an initiative was passed that was against gun owners that was later turned around in our favor? Curious, as some folks think these measures can be turned around in the future but I can't seem to find anything that has a positive twist.
What say you?…..

Not quite the answer that you are looking for.

I would offer this to consider....

Every day that you do something with a firearm...and it is a positive experience.
As in one that does not fit a anti gun agenda...is a win.
Andy

Cliton assault weapons ban..
True, though that had a sunset clause. So all congress had to do is what they do best: nothing.

Beyond that:

• At the state levels, CCW/CHL. Time was getting a license to carry concealed was difficult or impossible. Now every state has some form or fashion of said. Constitutional carry just dispensed with the bureaucratic bulldink required in many states and territories.
  • The SCOTUS rulings of Heller, McDonald, and Bruen were all good.
  • FOPA86 did include some positive things, but there isn't any teeth in the interstate transport provisions, and the Hughes Amendment was an unmitigated disaster.
  • Being able to carry in national parks, signed into law by the lingering BO, was a victory.
  • The CLEO sign off going away for NFA was also a win, though those utilizing trusts kind of got hosed with more paperwork.
  • The Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act of 2006 was a good one, though, frankly, it shouldn't have been necessary.
Those are the only ones that spring to mind. And recent history has been littered with unconstitutional laws, regulations, et al.

Last Edited:
This is so difficult to articulate when debating someone about the big picture.
I try to simply illustrate that nothing significant happened when the ban started, and more importantly that nothing happened when it
Nope mass shooting still happened hi cap magazine were really expensive. When it ended that was the start of the AR-15 popularity fad.

The problem isn't having laws overturned. When the anti-gunners run the show, like on the west coast and NY, who's going to enforce it?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but California overturned mag bans, 114 is illegal yet here we are. We have to dust ourselves off and fight better. Hopefully we are learning to prioritize our efforts.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top