JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We used to load up poor old PFC. Snuffy , with every bit of gear we had , both issued or "field modified" , then parade him in front of the CNN or whatever other news crew was around at the time.
Snuffy usually looked like he raided a surplus store...:D
Andy

tacsac.jpg

Lol. I love these threads.

I consider anything tacticool when the person who owns it spent more money on the acesories and or rifle, but can't hit a 12" plate with it at 100 yards.

My favorite is the "custom" AR15 sale threads. With a PSAd up platform and a 1000+ asking price.

Also. A Glock that costs more than 500.

I'm more than a little bit suspect of any operator who does his best work with a scrotal appendage in his hand.
"Didn't you know? When youhave them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow..." LOL

Some of this trendy gadgetry can serve a very compelling purpose. If I saw this coming at me (day or night), I'd get the hell off the runway.

View attachment 382712
Silly Mallninjas, wings are for AIRPLANES! LOL

The gun club I belong to has a hunter sight-in that draws a lot of shooters. One guy showed up with an SKS that looked like he went through a catalog and bought everything that would fit on the gun, obviously wanting an AK he couldn't afford and ending up with more $ in it than he would have put into an AK. He brought lots of ammo. He then spent 2-3 hours trying to get the scope zeroed, used up all his ammo, and left without having achieved any improvement.
Another guy showed up with the classic Chicom Norinco Commercial SKS complete with banana wood stock, bayonet removed, and no accessories other than the sling and a sight adjusting tool. It took him about 20-30 minutes (not in a hurry) and about 20 rds to put POI into the center of the target.
Shooter #1 wins the Mall Einsatzgruppen Assault Team Award for Too Tactikewl. I had a hard time not telling him he wasted his money and looked like the penultimate Mall Ninja.
Shooter #2 didn't look like a joke, knew what he was doing, and left with a rifle he could hit with.

If you want an AK, then get one and don't waste time and money on trying to turn an SKS into one. The SKS is a cool rifle on its own merits - just don't put a lot of $ into one trying to turn it into something else. If you can't decide between AK & SKS get one of each. :D

If you want to reach and touch someone get an AR, and if you also want to be REALLY tacticool in a subtle kind of way get a Daewoo. :eek:

I like and can respect a multi function rifle set up if done correctly. My ideal set up is my MBR that is super fast and easy to convert from standard spec fighting rifle, to DMR in just a few seconds! It can even work as a CQB rifle when needed, though a bit on the long side! Point is, that rifle does every thing I could ask of it and has none of the accessories like lights or lasers or any thing else to make it heavy or snaggy, and I can move and shoot fast and accurate with it all the same! My "patrol rifle" carbine is very light and compact and does every thing with fixed iron sights, and quick detach optic. Again fast and accurate with out any accessories!!!

I am fortunate enough to have more than a couple of rifles. They each have an intended purpose. They have on them what they need for that purpose. My deer hunting rifles will never have a light attached to them. My defensive ar will never have a bipod like my varmint AR does. Tacticool to me means when a firearm does not fit it's intended purpose well. It has stuff that does not support the intended purpose of the firearn.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top