JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
just curious to hear some opinions about us folks who carry concealed....i recently switched carrying from a glock to a 1911 and in doing so ive cut my ammo count down from a normal 15rnds of 9mm to 7 plus 1 of 45....now i know 8 rnds of 45 should cover me but is it really enough...im contemplating getting mag carriers but not sure im wanting to add more weight to my belt....any opinions??

I carry either a G27 or a Sig P239 .40 when I carry the P239 I always carry an extra mag, but no matter what one im carrying I also carry my sig P238 as a Back up..

IMO- Carrying a G26/27 as a back up is just to much added weight..

yes.. at least 1, sometimes 2, extra 17-rounders. if i had to carry a 1911, for some insane reason, i'd carry at least 3, maybe 4 or 5 extra mags.

I carry my ultra carry 45 with the 7 round mag plus 1 up the pipe. I'm not completly sold on the extra mag, flashlight, ect... :confused: I'm already carrying my car keys, cell phone and a folding knife so extra mags are too much at this point. Although, I do carry a couple extra mags when I'm traveling on vacation or long distances from home.
Just my .02.:D

I carry a spare mag. I hope I never need it but I always carry it. I have on occaision found my gun with the magazine loose. Only God knows how that button got pushed. I imagine one round and it would fall out. In the dark or what ever, A spare on my hip or in my pocket is going to get me back up and shooting a lot faster. Secondly, when the shooting is done??????? I want a fresh magazine. Don't know who is around the corner.....
Third, did you ever hear of someone loosing a fire-fight because they had too much ammo?
funny me either,
Dan10mmman

All in all, I'd say leave the 1911 for bbq's and carry something more reliable.
Your 1911 only holds 8 rounds... but it will probably jam on the 3rd round anyway.
You should carry a glock 26 BUG.
Or, ditch both and buy a .357 snubby.

You must buy cheap 1911s
Mine has never jammed.This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

If you bought a good 1911,and I am assuming you did since you are forward thinking enough to have owned a glock,there will be no problem with jamming or feeding.

I carry 1 extra mag.

As long as the 1911 is the best gun for YOU,there should never be a problem.

You must buy cheap 1911s
Mine has never jammed.This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

If you bought a good 1911,and I am assuming you did since you are forward thinking enough to have owned a glock,there will be no problem with jamming or feeding.

I carry 1 extra mag.

As long as the 1911 is the best gun for YOU,there should never be a problem.

1911s are notoriously finicky.

and the whole "best gun for YOU" thing is extremely over-rated. there are reliable guns, and there are unreliable guns- and no unreliable gun is the best gun for anybody.

as far as your 1911 never "jamming" on you- how many rounds do you have on it, and in how much time?

BULL SHYTE

You obviously work with cheap 1911s or haven't shot one since you was in Nam.

There I was,me and my colt G model 1911.
Ball ammo that wouldn't feed.
I did have some mud in it,and some leaves.They was huge over thar.

Haven't heard this kind of story since the '70s

Most new 1911s do not jam. Haven't heard of it in years.

It depends.

If I'm carrying a sig p229 or something with a relatively high capacity I usually don't carry an extra mag. UNLESS I'm wearing a jacket, then I stick one in one of those inside breast pockets in the jacket cuz... why not?

If I'm carrying a sig p238 that is only 6+1 I like to carry an extra mag. I know that 7 rounds of .380ACP is probably more than enough to take out any threat I'm likely to encounter but I just feel more comfortable being able to top if off afterwards given the low capacity. Also a single stack 6rd .380ACP magazine is tiny and doesn't really weigh anything so who cares.

Also: you guys are trolled WAY too easily.:p
All in all, I'd say leave the 1911 for bbq's and carry something more reliable.
Your 1911 only holds 8 rounds... but it will probably jam on the 3rd round anyway.
You should carry a glock 26 BUG.
Or, ditch both and buy a .357 snubby.

You might want to research that.
Being oblivious to a problem doesnt mean the problem doesnt persist.

Here's a little light reading. More examples are available pretty much everywhere.
Kimber Common Problems and Fixes... - 1911Forum

OKayyy that's 1 1911.Still for the most part,including all auto loaders,the 1911 is as smooth a feeder as any model out there.

Until you bring me #s on all autos,I call foul.

I have never had one miss fire,or not feed properly in the last 20 years I have owned one

Just sayin'

OKayyy that's 1 1911.Still for the most part,including all auto loaders,the 1911 is as smooth a feeder as any model out there.

I have never had one miss fire,or not feed properly in the last 20 years I have owned one

Just sayin'

again, how many rounds have you fired, and in how much time, through this weapon that has never "jammed?"

Just sayin'

I'll call the poling company tomorrow. We'll get to the bottom of this.

1911tanks.gif

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads