JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's just WRONG.

We've got a body shop over the fence in our backyard, kitty corner. Once a summer they'd have a Mustang owners group gather in the lot. Maybe 20 something 'Stangs, mostly newer. They'd have a burnout contest(?) just after dark. I don't get it, tires that are easily $120.00-$220.00 EACH....We weren't THAT dumb in high school!

Australia .. Well, all those guys think we're fools/crazy/idiots/etc for liking guns.

Are the tires igniting just from friction heat on a lot of those?

That's just WRONG.

We've got a body shop over the fence in our backyard, kitty corner. Once a summer they'd have a Mustang owners group gather in the lot. Maybe 20 something 'Stangs, mostly newer. They'd have a burnout contest(?) just after dark. I don't get it, tires that are easily $120.00-$220.00 EACH....We weren't THAT dumb in high school!

Why you have to always put people down Mike, its their money.

We weren't THAT dumb in high school!

I sure as hell was. I left thousands of miles of burned up rubber on the ground. Put a 17 year old kid in a 67 Mustang Fastback with a 390 4 speed and I drove that car like it was meant to be drove.

I even went as far as having a set of burners mounted up so I did not waste my radial TA's away. Being able to go home to the shop and jack it up and impact the burners off and put my TA's and Cragers back on to look good for the girls later on helped too.

That's just WRONG.

I was in the muscle car crowd, hell, we'd do that leaving school!!!! Of course gas was 45 cents a gallon & tires maybe $25......;)

I guess there were kids that did that, called it "Power Braking". Light pressure on the the brakes at the same time hit the gas and over ride the rear brakes to get the wheels spinning. I don't know, I remember having to come up with the money for the re-treads on my...ready for this? "Rambler Ambassador". We went fast, and pushed the limits with regularity, but my core group of friends seemed to stop just short of doing the "Stupid". Maybe going to work at a full service gas station at 16 let me see what really goes on mechanically when you beat machinery?

I guess there were kids that did that, called it "Power Braking". Light pressure on the the brakes at the same time hit the gas and over ride the rear brakes to get the wheels spinning.

This would have been for the posers who POS cars did not have the nuts to turn the tires with real horsepower. Horsepower and line lock on the front brakes was a lot of fun.

I don't know, I remember having to come up with the money for the re-treads on my...ready for this? "Rambler Ambassador". We went fast,

This is car smack here, don't take it personally, but the words Rambler Ambassaor and real fast in the same sentence have me ROFLMAO.

and pushed the limits with regularity, but my core group of friends seemed to stop just short of doing the "Stupid".

Again car smack here...a man and his car have to know their limitations.

Maybe going to work at a full service gas station at 16 let me see what really goes on mechanically when you beat machinery?

Growing up on a farm with a complete shop, and being able to do about any repair myself, and having the ultimate man cave at a young age took that care away. I worked hard for my money, and wasting it on burnouts, fast cars and the girls that went with that crowd was worth every dime I spent on it.

And some people may say this makes me a bad influence on my kids, but I showed them how to do bleach burnouts when they were about 10 years old. I still give myself two good burnouts a year in my Mustang GT, mostly leaving a couple of cruise ins.

No offense taken CoastRange. Yeah, when I first got the "Bler" it was MY FIRST car! I was so excited to have a V-8, (Dad had a Corrola and a '65 Econoline). Hammer that throttle and nothing happend except it took off. A little gutless, maybe, but it had positraction! With chains on and five of us in it, we would push 6"-8" of snow to get to the best rabbit hunting and tubing runs in the Utah winter! And as I got older, and I'll say, "Expanded" my friend base, well, two words that came with THE "Bler". NASH SEATS!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top