JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A quick little video on the Model 1920...

The condition of that gun (ostensibly Savage's "Best" example) makes me feel pretty fortunate with mine.

Also located this magazine ad (It ran pretty much nationwide, including National Geographic, Hardware and Metal, etc.)

Note Andrews' testimonial to the killing power of the .250 Savage, both in his letter and in the caption beneath the horse picture (may require zooming).

Even then, it "punched above its weight".

Roy Chapman Andrews (2).jpg

Last Edited:
I'm with the rest of you.
The more this thread goes on, the more I want a Savage rifle.....if only they still chambered them for their own cartridges.

There's one on GunBroker right now. Bid is at $450 with eight days to go.
First year production in .300 Savage

View attachment 811262

Either that seller bathed it in mineral oil or that is a refinished stock. Note the darkened dings beneath the surface gloss on the wood. Gun in hand just might reveal a reblue as well. The "chip" behind the tang appears to have traveled in a couple hairline cracks: probably evidence of the reason the .300's caused a beefing up in 1926 of the pistol grip area behind the tang. Seven thousand serial # (mine's in 3K range).
It will be very interesting to see what that sells for.

There's a second one on there with "starting bid no reserve" at $750. It has the bolt peep, but the gun is WAY messed with. (Shortened stock that was lengthened again, bent bolt). But it IS a .250. 10K serial #.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top