JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You could always do both! :)

I'd probably get a new remington... you wouldn't want to put too much into a cheap one nor do that to an A5 nice enough to consider putting those stamps on.

PS; I love Devo!

You could always do both! :)

Good point and that's kind of my plan. On Saturday, I relayed the results of this thread to my life partner, before we engaged in silly adventures this weekend, and she said something like "eh ... you know what I think, get moving on the machine-gun". Roger-dodger. But this build is still on my mind. The fact eForms is back and functional is another data point.

:s0155:

I have a model 11. I mulled over the thought, and played with things via Photoshop for visuals before I started cutting.
I've yet to move forward on the project until I can find a suitable stock.

Rem-Mod-11-LG.jpg

Rem-11-Proj.jpg

Rem-Mod-11-1.jpg

A buddy did his A5. Cut the barrel an inch forward the fore end. It turned out really nice. Kicks like a dang mule on steroids.

Last Edited:
I have a model 11. I mulled over the thought, and played with things via Photoshop for visuals before I started cutting.
I've yet to move forward on the project until I can find a suitable stock.

View attachment 560467

View attachment 560468

A buddy did his A5. Cut the barrel an inch forward the fore end. It turned out really nice. Kicks like a dang mule on steroids.

Insanely neat-o! :D

Arise from the grave, most surreal of threads. So, I picked up a copy of DYI Guns today because it had an article on the M2 Carbine. I also noticed this neato article:

DYI - Copy.jpg

If I wasn't done with NFA projects (other than the MG and can still stuck in the queue, the latter well past a year now), I would be mighty tempted to build one too.

Anyway, more seriously, just passing it along in case others might find it an interesting build. Enjoy.

So, I've got a hankering for another NFA project. It has been too long since the last one. Said last one was a dumpster-fire, process-wise (thank you 41F), but that is another topic.

The main interest at the present is adding a machine-gun to the stable. I found a great one here that fits the bill, the side-kick is more than hip, and financing is not a problem. The coming train-wreck of Oregon gun laws, however, is a concern. I will hash out that last hurdle with the aforementioned life-mate tomorrow on the way up to a rather funky cocktail party with friends this weekend.

All that aside, a class of NFA-regulated shotguns that has been kind of my list to build some time now is a Whippet:
  • Semi-automatic.
  • Cut-down barrel.
  • Shortened stock, but still enough to kind of shoulder it.
  • Some have a loop to carry over the arm, but under a coat. (Though historically interesting, I don't consider this an essential even remotely.)
Some vintage examples, would be the kind the Barrow gang employed:
Not totally set on how to approach it. A few options —

Kick'n old school:
  1. Obtain a vintage self-loader (e.g., Model 11, Auto-5, et al.).
  2. File the paperwork and pay the tax to los Federales.
  3. After approval, engrave, chop the barrel and stock.
Or cut a Russkie down to size:
  1. Acquire a Saiga.
  2. Handle paperwork/tax with our alphabet soup friends.
  3. With stamp in hand, engrave, and cut the barrel.
(Leaning away from this one because I can't believe what Saigas are going for now.)

Or Yo, slap a butt on that Remington:

1. Obtain a V3 TAC-13.
  2. Handle the brain-dead, bureaucratic horsecrap.
  3. Engrave and slap a stock on it, assuming some standard Remington stock would work on this contraption.
(Leaning towards this one the most, assuming they run right and stocks are available.)

Or

Thoughts? Caveats? Wacky ideas? Thanks, friends. :s0155:
Fwiw from everything I've heard some of the saiga clones are more reliable than saiga. This is coming from those that owned/own both (not me). Clones cost $300-$400ish. My lynx 12 has yet to have a malfunction. One benefit of those type of guns is you can get stick mags in 5, 8, 10 or 12 rounds and drum mags in 12, 15, 20, 25, and 30 rounds (although I can't find 30 rounders anywhere right now).

Just today I ordered another left side charging model lynx 12. I have a wood stock and foregrip from a Vepyr I'm going to see if I can modify to fit just for giggles. I like the looks of these with wood stocks. The one I have now has a folding stock (magpul polymer).

As far as cutting down the 19" barrel though I would check with Reno because I think he did that. If you do that I would by one of the 6 position gas plugs to give you more flexibility. The gun comes with a 2 position one.

Here is a 6 position one for reference:

A good muzzle brake on these reduces felt recoil by 70-80% (not kidding). V6 is best available for muzzle rise recoil.

Some different configurations I've seen on the web for ideas. A mag dump of big drum with muzzle braked (broken?) gun will make you laugh ur a$$ off.

CD75E164-B3D8-4B87-A0D4-F00427F4E257.jpeg ED64D530-F780-45DC-92CA-C3EAE9A4CAA2.jpeg FDE49754-926B-4516-B638-11A31A830C46.jpeg CC2D849C-0487-4963-BDE8-580C6862E448.png 228689D6-6BE9-4C34-9CA3-E4FD17264F84.jpeg 36FA833C-2B56-408A-8A7A-B96FBF89F54D.jpeg A3D7C324-7EAB-4410-A9C4-E0EF832AFBD1.jpeg 7C6B73FA-240F-499F-B642-A904A29A141C.png 923DEDA4-DF3F-4CAD-9EC8-441ED997CFA6.jpeg 606F39FE-5C72-4225-8B2C-495AD30ED837.jpeg E9A212A3-E76C-4570-B091-EA71EA167208.png
Full auto version I wish we could get here:

Semi auto fire rate:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads