Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

wheel weights

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by slingshot1943, Jan 14, 2010.

1. slingshot1943

slingshot1943 salem or Well-Known Member

If you're using wheel weights for bullets you might want to start stocking up. I think they are on thier way out. They are not politicaly correct now. They fall off now and then and result in the horrible lead contamination we are exposed to along our highways. The US post office is replacing the lead weights on thier trucks to avoid contaminating the road side. They are bringing them in just for that instead of doing it when they replace tires. It must be very important if they do it that way. I'm sure this will spread to other do-gooder entities.

2. arjunki

arjunki Beaverton Active Member

Ohhhh Please! What the flippin heck next? :confused::(:confused:

3. therifleman

therifleman kennewick Member

The 5 gal bucket of weights I have been working on has about 5% non lead junk in it, so it wont be long before its all gone. Time to hoarde lead weights and then none will be left on my cars.

4. Newcastle

Newcastle Newcastle Member

Trying to think of the last time I ever saw a mail truck going fast enough to warrant balanced wheels

5. wakejoe

wakejoe Beaverton, OR Well-Known Member

Good point.