JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well following someone , maintaining eye contact all while not saying anything is spooky.
Maybe not against the law but spooky nevertheless.
Playing "Devils Advocate" here : Maybe the guy following her is just socially inept or has some mental issues / challenges ... Not illegal but those moments can be awkward at best and can be cause for alarm.

Ducking into a crowded public space , keeping an eye on your "follower" and calling 911 was and is good advice.
Following him as he followed another gal was risky if he was / is a threat , but nice to hear that Border was watching out for someone else.

Without having heard what the responding officer said , its hard to make statement about that.
Not discounting what Tayrn Border said , but I would like to hear the officers account of the conversation , before making a call.
Andy

Last Edited:
Sounds like Orlando.

An issue was brought up, brushed off in the name of being PC.

At the least the questionable man should have been stopped, and questioned if anything to give the women time to dodge their creepy follower.

Notice I didn't say detained.

I have a few issues with this.

One; the guy didn't break any laws. He may look creepy, but that's not against the law. He was reportedly "following" her, but didn't follow her into the shop, and then left to "follow another woman" Her whole story seems a little exaggerated to me. In her post, the one linked in the article, she posts his picture and pretty much labels him a rapist.

She pleads with her FB friends to be careful and watch out for this "creep". She never talked to him, never told him to leave her alone, never even asked what his issue was, even in the safety of the shop surrounded by 12 people.

This guy could have been mentally ill, autistic, slow or any number of other conditions that seem prevalent downtown. We don't know. We don't know because no one ever talked to him. But that didn't stop people from sharing her post and every single one of them labeled this guy a rapist, a creep or a freak.

He committed no crime.....

Two; Her interaction with the police seems fabricated as well. It seems much more likely that the police told her the truth, that despite her paranoia he had not done anything to warrant her call. If you think about it, do we even know for sure he followed her to begin with? Just because of one picture of a odd guy staring into a window?

Its very comical to me that Portlanders constantly rail against Portland PD for brutality, overstepping their bounds, being badge heavy and too oppressive......until it doesn't work to their advantage, then its cops not doing their job?

So this woman, feels threatened by a guy who never touched her, never even spoke to her... and blasts him as a rapist or predator on facebook when he hasn't broken any laws? There was supposedly another woman involved who, if you believe this woman's story, was practically being chased by this guy....where's the other woman?

Everyone is ok with this? One jittery, panicky woman decides a complete stranger is a sexual predator when he hasn't done anything illegal and the police tell her as much, yet she posts accusing him any way, posting his picture and sharing it, encouraging others to share it, its been shared over 25 thousand times...........

She started a witch hunt on this guy. With no proof of any wrongdoing and verification from the police that he hadn't committed any crimes....

She is playing a pretty dangerous game here. This guy may have been up to no good, I am not saying he wasn't. I AM saying that there is no evidence to support any of the subsequent slander and venom from the Portland community. She is putting this guys life at risk, big time.

No one cares?

At any rate, just my opinion, I think she embellished a lot and was looking for some attention here. I think it is irresponsible of the media and facebook to include every person who shared his picture and accused him without any evidence to back it up.

I hope the guy doesn't get stomped out over something he may or may not be guilty of.

Last Edited:
So.... The lady must think "pre crime" is real like in the movies?

It sounds to me like a nut job who got freaked out because of another nut job. Seems like cops would be used to these kinds of calls in Portland.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top