JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been really wanting an AR9 for a 9mm carbine, but also like the idea of the Keltec.
I was wanting a Aero survival rifle but just haven't heard about them being as good of quality.

If I went with an AR9 I would probably just get an upper and lower from PSA.

I have 2 each of the KTS2K's and the TNW ASR. If I had to cull it down to one? As of now it would be the TNW ASR hands down. The KT's have the folding in favor. TNW is only slightly longer when taken apart. Both fit in my laptop bags. Took me a while but I finally found a nice case that works for both.
The KT's don't have any "easy" good way to put an optic on. The TNW is made only for optics. I want to set up some BUIS for mine and have the parts to do what I think will work. Just have not gotten to doing it yet. The one thing I have found so far is the vast majority of the "bad press" on the TNW's is the damn mag they send with them. They come with some kind of after market mag I had never heard of. Mine are both crap. The guns are also parkerized. You need to either shoot them in and or polish the coating off the feed ramp. On both of mine as soon as I use Glock mags they feed perfect. Try to use the mag that comes with them and problems. Buddy of mine who got me on these gave his away or tossed it. He did not want to even mess with it.
Neither of these is as nice as some of the AR's, but you are not paying the same price as the nice AR's. Both guns tend to be harder to find also. The S2K has always been this way. the TNW no one here I talked to had ever heard of them. One shop ordered me one from a large distributor and all the guys there were oooing and aaahhhing it when it came in. They had never heard of them.

I had first held a TNW about 2 years ago maybe more. They had them at Fisherman's in Janzten beach. But for the price I thought it may just be worth going the AR way.

I heard about the crap mag and scope they were sent with and heard the same thing. Take the mag sent with it and throw it in the garbage.
But my bigger concern was accuracy. I had heard the accuracy wasn't that great.
But again that's only from youtube sources so I take that with a grain of salt.

I had first held a TNW about 2 years ago maybe more. They had them at Fisherman's in Janzten beach. But for the price I thought it may just be worth going the AR way.

I heard about the crap mag and scope they were sent with and heard the same thing. Take the mag sent with it and throw it in the garbage.

The scope retails for $20. I gave a couple of them away on another forum for someone who wanted one for a .22. Think I still have one from a buddy. Kept meaning to give it away too.
A.jpg I saw a few youtubes were people were griping about the scope. I have to wonder what they expect from a $20 scope?
As for accuracy I have not gotten around to taking mine up in the hills where I can see what they will do ar 50 or 100yds. I have found that at the indoor range from a rest all misses are me not the equipment. :confused:
Here is one of the shots of one of my Daughters shooting one for the first time. this is a group she shot standing with a Glock happy stick at 50'. Ammo was the USA Forged steel case stuff or S&B 124FMJ. Had a bucket with both in it that day. She burned through it and would have shot more if I had more. Loved the little gun.

I really like the berettas but I have all glock mags so big reason I stopped looking at them, but I am a southpaw as well

Wife is a south paw too. Been meaning to swap the ejection to the other side on one of mine to see it she likes it better. Real simple to do. If she likes it will give me a good excuse to buy another. Tell her so "I can leave one set up for her." LOL

I was back and forth about them and decided to give them a go. I've had one on layaway since January and just finished paying it off. I'll have it in my hands this week. I'm optimistic it will be a good gun. Looking forward to getting it out to the range to try it out - likely only with actual Glock mags rather than the one that comes with it.

I was back and forth about them and decided to give them a go. I've had one on layaway since January and just finished paying it off. I'll have it in my hands this week. I'm optimistic it will be a good gun. Looking forward to getting it out to the range to try it out - likely only with actual Glock mags rather than the one that comes with it.

You should love it. Can't hurt to try the mag that comes with it. Just don't get disappointed if it does not feed when using that mag. With cheap mags like that they tend to be hit and miss. Now and then one will come out that does work. Also need to either shoot it enough and or polish the coating off the feed ramp.

Do any of know anything about the Freedom Ordinance FX-9 carbine?

Sheldon

I had never heard of that but looks nice from what I can read of it. Yet another PCC. Seems to be something more and more people are jumping into. Another who (In my opinion) did one important thing right. They used a common mag. This uses the Glock happy sticks. Wise choice on their part.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top